Need help with engine swap classing

phoenixR34

There's a local here who needs to have his car classed for TT, but it has an engine swap. The car is a 2004 (?) Acura RSX Type S, with the Japan market 2.0L VTEC motor, from the Type R model. I believe the JDM motor has 220hp, vs. the us motor that has 200hp. Any help would be appreciated.. thanks!

Dr. G handles all the engine swaps directly himself. He must be at the beach or getting his nails done, I'm sure he'll chime in shortly. You'll need to have all the pertinent information about the car including donor year and any modifications not stock for the base model of car/engine.

John

• National Staff

Nails, right John.

Yes, please e-mail me all of this info that you have:

In order to get an engine swap approved, I request that you submit to me the following information so that I can rapidly assess your swap. Incomplete requests will take much longer to process. Vehicles that do not have reliable published data available (most will be older or rare vehicles and engines) may need to have certified chassis dyno testing and weight measurement to be classed:

1) Engine donor vehicle--year, make, model

2) Engine--model #/name, disp, #cyl, valvetrain/var. valve timing?, hp/tq

3) Receiving vehicle--year, make, model, subtype and trim type (if applicable), curb weight

4) Reliable references (two reliable Internet sources are preferred) regarding the engine and car. Thanks.