The Grand Prix of Mexicali April 3-4 !

Tim Comeau

Great news! This is a fun event to drive at you guys! I've talked about racing in Mexico with some of you already. The fans, the food , the drinks. It's all good. The last event Caldera Promotions put on in Tijuana in Nov. 2003, entertained 9,000 fans! When was the last time you signed autographs after a race?!

If we can get 12 944-spec cars to show up, we can have our own run group. Entry fee is $235 for the weekend, which includes 10K worth of medical insurance(that's what the extra $35 is for).

Mexicali is straight south of El Centro, CA, and about a 2 hour tow from San Diego. It's about a 3-4 tow from the Phoenix area?

We'll have maps and papers from the race organizers to speed us through Mexican customs. YOU CAN'T BRING GASOLINE INTO MEXICO. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW. Fill your cars up and they will have Union 76 leaded and unleaded gas at the track.

To be up front, this is street racing with curbs and K-rail (concrete barriers) so you have to run a little more conservative. Bring your other set of wheels and extra A-arms just in case. Brake ducting strongly recommended!!!!! Bleed your brakes beforehand, too.

We can put on a show for these guys!

The only bad thing is that this date conflicts with an event at Button Willow. So you guys have to let me know how you feel about that.

Attending:

1. Tim Comeau # 22

2. Jason Boles # 25

3. Tyler Thompson # 03

Edited by Guest

well I am in!!! And so is Tyler!! But I am only going to Race if it is just 944s

IF not maybe TJ would fit better? (Does it take us by donkey girl?)

Jason

3-4 hour tow from Phoenix??? Tow, who tows? Team Ghetto will be driving their race cars to/from Mexico and will be racing on pump gas. You will be lucky if we change our slicks for the 3 hour drive down there. Most of the time we just drive the cars to the track exactly how we will race them and pray to god they don't break. Spares are for suckers.

-Tyler Thompson

Co-Captain Team Ghetto

Come on you guys........Sound off regarding the Mexicali Grand Prix. I need some idea of who's even interested. If we can't get enough 944-spec cars for our own run group, we can still go down and compete. If you have concerns, air them here. I've raced in Mexico several times and would really love to do this event again. But, this time with my spec buddies. Let me know how you feel if you haven't already.

My life and racing is unknown due to the recent "events". We will see how it goes? I may actually talk the wife into coming down for this? How far is the beach? Tell them I'm a professional Australian Croc wrestler there on vacation. Recovering from a Croc Bite saving Steve Erwin's butt, or should that be baby?