Number of Cars Needed For 2 Run Groups at Nationals

GAC

I sure hope we will not have more then 35 cars or so in a run group anyway regardless will we??

If we have near 50 on trak at once that will really suck (having had this happen before)

I bet they don't even think about a second run group until we hit 60+ in the very near future. Mid O. is a pretty big track and I wouldn't be surprised if we all end up having to make room for one another.

I bet they don't even think about a second run group until we hit 60+ in the very near future. Mid O. is a pretty big track and I wouldn't be surprised if we all end up having to make room for one another.

I agree with Pat. I don't think they'll even start thinking about adding another run group until after 60 or 70 cars... and since the track can't have more then about 30 cars on the track, then we would have to split up time with the session we have which would mean less track time for TT.

Also, how long can they wait until they add another run TT group....I'm sure there will be a deadline for that. Also, if they do add another run group, will that impy the racers have to drop one of theirs?

• Members
If we have near 50 on trak at once that will really suck (having had this happen before)

I have a feeling that some of these entries are only to help the field look big so there might not be as many there as it says.

Im fearing I might be one of those not making the trek. Im doing all I can to make sure im there. well see.

Isn't mid-ohio ~2-1/4 miles? 50 something cars on that track will be unmoveable. There'll be a big backup at the end of the long back stretch just before Madness and into the Carousel. This is going to be interesting.

Gentlemen,

I believe the current registration list is 46 cars, at least that's the one showing. I also beleive the magical number for 2 run groups to be in the range of 60. That said, here's a few items that I think will impact the situation.

1) The liberal cancelation policy will most likely lead to a fair amount who drop out as the date approaches.

2) In April we ran around 46 cars and once the lap times were dialed in, appropriate gridding is set-up, and we use a slow rolling start we were able to get 3-5 clean initial laps for all cars.

3) The layout of Mid Ohio enables a good stagger once you hit the esses. The nature of the course allows many cars to run fairly similar times through the back side of the track before the higher speed zones kick in

4) I would assume with 3 practice sessons and 6 timed sessions over 3 days there will be a fair amount of time when not all cars will be running.

As for the TTR comment, there are two additional cars that I beleive will be running TTR. One is a TTU driver who will be switching cars and the other is an OH/IN Region TTR driver.

Finally, I beg everyone considering the event to sign-up. I would love to see 2 run groups, TTR-TTC & TTD-TTG or somehting to that effect. Hope to see you all there.

John

G

1) The liberal cancelation policy will most likely lead to a fair amount who drop out as the date approaches.

John

This part is troublesome. How will we know if NASA will even "certify" our class with people dropping out at the last minute, and what will that do for the three competitors still planning on going???

G

John

This part is troublesome. How will we know if NASA will even "certify" our class with people dropping out at the last minute, and what will that do for the three competitors still planning on going???

Looks like they might have to combine TTE and TTF in your case D@n.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I registered for the Nationals several weeks ago, received an e-mail confirmation and paper work in the mail. However, I don't see my entry on the list.

Robert Dudek

NASA Midwest Instructor

TTC

• National Staff
I registered for the Nationals several weeks ago, received an e-mail confirmation and paper work in the mail. However, I don't see my entry on the list.

Robert Dudek

NASA Midwest Instructor

TTC

The list was as of 7-6 I believe. Somehow a few drivers got dropped off the list that are still registered. So, if Robert is now registered, I believe we have 50 entries now.

We've got to be close now! I know of a whole bunch of guys who have registered this month. Keep them coming so we can get that second run group. I believe OH/IN is at 18 entrants with another 3-4 to go. I sure hope we're able to win atleast one class....Doh!