Car Paper Work?

bobpearson90278

I am wondering what paper work do you need for your car for a HPDE? I know there's the tech. sheet and driver stuff but is there anything special for the car? If you had a street car do you need to show registration or something? For a racecar do you need to show some form of logbook or something? All comments appreciated. Thanks!

I am wondering what paper work do you need for your car for a HPDE? I know there's the tech. sheet and driver stuff but is there anything special for the car? If you had a street car do you need to show registration or something? For a racecar do you need to show some form of logbook or something? All comments appreciated. Thanks!

For HPDE you only need to complete the pre-tech form for the car

So even if it was a fully prepped racecar and I did have a logbook all I would need is the pre-tech. sheet and not have to show the logbook? Thanks!

Alright! Now I just need to become a member, pay the license fee, get the car tech sheet, get another race seat, and a pair of harness's. Thanks!

P.S. Are you the Peter that runs a Merkur XR4TI? My Dad has 6 of those. Not sure if you remember us at Summit Point last year. We drove up in a maroon color Scorpio and said hi in the pit area.

Alright! Now I just need to become a member, pay the license fee, get the car tech sheet, get another race seat, and a pair of harness's. Thanks!

P.S. Are you the Peter that runs a Merkur XR4TI? My Dad has 6 of those. Not sure if you remember us at Summit Point last year. We drove up in a maroon color Scorpio and said hi in the pit area.

Yep, sure do! I thought that was you. Godo to see you on here! Are you planning on running an XR?

Actually for the HPDE it was either my friends SSC Dodge Neon or my newly aquired '85 XR. It looks like all the HPDE's for HyperFest are filled up so now its down to the Hyper drives or the Drift 101 school, which would be pretty cool with the XR. Still looking to run though.

Actually for the HPDE it was either my friends SSC Dodge Neon or my newly aquired '85 XR. It looks like all the HPDE's for HyperFest are filled up so now its down to the Hyper drives or the Drift 101 school, which would be pretty cool with the XR. Still looking to run though.

Are you on the HPDE waiting list?

• 2 weeks later...

For HPDE you only need to complete the pre-tech form for the car

hopefully this isn't too stupid, but regarding the tech form:

is this something that as an individual I can do myself, or is it required to be inspected by a mechanic elsewhere?

@ the bottom of the sheet there is a place for an inspector's stamp/signature/violations/etc- is this filled out by the track tech, or pretech?

guess I just need some clarification on whom needs to inspect/ok the car prior to reaching the track

• 1 month later...

Bump. What the last poster said. The HPDE pages don't mention this form-

this forum is the first place I heard about it. I will have a mechanic looking

the car over the previous day-does he need to initial it or something?

So even if it was a fully prepped racecar and I did have a logbook all I would need is the pre-tech. sheet and not have to show the logbook? Thanks!

If it is a fully preped race car you have to go through race tech. I had to last weekend, even though I was running an HPDE. contact your regions administrator.