All 944-spec drivers please keep medical forms with you.

Tim Comeau

I do this, myself, and think it's a great idea. NASA should have copies, but this is a backup system. I keep copies of my NASA medical forms, including EKG sheet, in my Sparco driver's bag. On the medical form I've added notes regarding my Social Security number, Insurance company, allergies, blood type, people to contact in case I crash and can't speak for myself, etc.

This isn't a requirement, just another good idea to help keep you safer. Let's face it. We race together and drink beer together, but I couldn't even tell you what most of you do for a living! Let alone your personal medical info!

Again, just a suggestion.................

At your service,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump!

After seeing the Dale Bump-hard Jr. crash, I thought it might be a good idea to bring this up again. His Corvette's gas filler neck broke? and threw fuel everywhere! It was ablaze fast. Scary!

I've wondered if there isn't something more we could do to prevent a similar problem with our cars. Our filler necks are just sitting there...

NASA CCR's say we have to be able to get out of the car in 10 seconds or risk a $50 fine, or exclusion from racing until changes are made which allow you to exit the car in 10 seconds. Rule 16.2.2

Try this at the next event! It's important!

I did it for practice with my new car. First time was slower. Had to undo the belts, slide the seat back, door open, net down, undo the radio, undo the cool suit. Took me 14 seconds! DOH!

One of the problems was that the shoulder belts hung up on me. Don't know how. Now, if I'm getting out quick, I give them a good fling off my shoulders. The rest is just practice finding the connections with your helmet on. I'm sure the radio wire would come undone if I skipped that, and I have about 4-5 feet extra cool suit hose that would allow me to exit the car before dissconnecting that.

If my car was on fire and I was getting out in a hurry, I think the cool suit hoses would be my LAST concern. Hell, my body weight running like a sissy girl from the flames Vs. the cool suit connections? I think I know which would win. Then again, how comedic would it be to see my sling shotting BACK into the flaming car? DOH!!