"Official" HC Spec Tire at the Nationals

jmeris

(as posted in Honda-tech-for those of you who haven't seen it)

Sorry if this topic has been covered (I don't think it has)

I presume the "official" spec tire for ALL Honda Challenge Racers is going to be the Toyo RA-1. Anyone that wants to win and collect the contingency prize money MUST use the RA-1's. However, I noticed that some of the east coasters (and mid-west??) have Kuhmo as their official spec tire. Does this mean we have the option to use anytire we'd like (besides Toyo) and forgo the Toyo prize money?

OR Do we declare Toyo as the OFFICIAL SPEC TIRE for ALL Honda Challenge racers at the nationals? If this is the case, should it be a rule that ALL SESSIONS: practice, qualifying, qualifying race, and championship race MUST be run on Toyo's?

I just want every HC racer at the Nationals to be on the same page

jmeris

Here, maybe this quote from nationals in the post above will clerify it better. As I understand, Toyo,and only Toyo can be ran at nationals.

Honda Challenge was chosen to be part of the spec tire program in order to try and deliver the largest possible benefit to HC racers nationwide running in the front, middle, and back of the fields in line with the ideas laid out above. However, in our attempt to please the largest number of people possible, we elected to exclude one region from this program because they were a very unique case where that specific region was able to gain lucrative support from another tire vendor and we tried to make a compromise in favor of the racers. However, we did not feel it was appropriate to allow an open tire for the National race as it would not give us the even playing field we were after and allow us to seek further benefits for that race.

this is a joke, right? people are still debating this?

Sorry if this topic has been covered (I don't think it has)

jmeris

point me in the right direction-