Why no Racing at Leguna Seca?

Brian L.

• Members

I drove Leguna Seca for the first time last November. It was a blast and I would love to be able to go wheel to wheel with the rest of Honda Challenge on this famous track. Why does NASA limit the Leguna Seca dates to just HPDE. To expensive to get a weekend date?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing it's a noise issue - Laguna Seca is really anal about noise limits.

Can't figure out how people can buy a home next to an existing race track, and then get upset because it's noisy on weekends.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing it's a noise issue - Laguna Seca is really anal about noise limits.

Can't figure out how people can buy a home next to an existing race track, and then get upset because it's noisy on weekends.

Yep, that track was there before the homes and their lawnmowers are over 140db but their neighbors don't complain.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brian, since I am going to be racing in the Honda Challange races with you, you should come out and race some of my SCCA races, that way you would be able to race at Laguna Seca. We get to race there twice and that track is a blast. Has a totally different feel then any other track I have raced on.

Hey Brian, since I am going to be racing in the Honda Challange races with you, you should come out and race some of my SCCA races, that way you would be able to race at Laguna Seca. We get to race there twice and that track is a blast. Has a totally different feel then any other track I have raced on.

I think the different feel is b/c of the lack of rhythm, lots of different turns that don't really mix into eachother and not to mention the blind turns and walls that are also comforting.

• Members

I would love to but my car is not ITA legal. As you know there are some extra things that Honda Challenge lets you do that IT does not. Lightened flywheel, pulleys, rear wing, and I think wheel size. The pulleys I could swap out for a race but the flywheel is not as easy. Would love to race there someday though. Maybe NASA will get a race weekend there next season.

I would love to but my car is not ITA legal. As you know there are some extra things that Honda Challenge lets you do that IT does not. Lightened flywheel, pulleys, rear wing, and I think wheel size. The pulleys I could swap out for a race but the flywheel is not as easy. Would love to race there someday though. Maybe NASA will get a race weekend there next season.

See all you have to do is put a stock flywheel back in, then on SCCA weekends take your wing off like I am going to be doing, I will loan you a set of 14 " wheels,the pulleys are SCCA legal. Just think of all the races you would get in. In SCCA I race ITA and ITX so get 20 races there and then 10 more this year with H/C. Plus as an added benifit to me you would be racing against me with a stock flywheel.

• Members

If you felt the difference between the stock flywheel and the ACT flywheel I have in there now, you would not want to take it out either. It is about 12 pounds lighter. Man I wish I had the budget to race 30 races a season.

If you felt the difference between the stock flywheel and the ACT flywheel I have in there now, you would not want to take it out either. It is about 12 pounds lighter. Man I wish I had the budget to race 30 races a season.

Well brian you will get your chance to race with someone with a stock flywheel next weekend. See you at buttonwillow.