Driver Paper Work

bobpearson90278

So what do I need for a HPDE? I sent off my membership form today. I know what the car needs now. Do I need to fill out the Provisional License Appl. or is that just for a racing license? The car tech sheet doesn't need to be sent, just brought and filled out HPDE weekend, right? Also where do I register and how. Again sorry for these newbie questions, first time with Nasa and a HPDE.

Here you go: NASA-MA Home Page

Click the link to the Summit Point Hyperfest event page for more info and to register.

Licenses are only for racing, not HPDE. Bring the completed tech sheet with you. Your instructor will give your car a final once-over the first morning. Bring a torque wrench and socket for the wheel lugs. Make sure the brake fluid is fresh (<3 months). If it doesn't look like water in the reservoir (except some tinted race fluids), it's not fresh.

I haven't checked but I've heard from others that some HPDE groups are wait-list only for Hyperfest.

Ok. I think I have a better understanding on all that now. Yeah I tried to register and its wait list only. I was put on the wait list. Maybe I will do the US Drift 101 school.

You could also do the HyperDrives (single sessions with BSR instructor) at HyperFest. I think they'll be using the Shenandoah Circuit for those this year.

Did I hear Shenandoah Circut? If there going to be there I may do it. How long are the sessions and how many are there? Its only Saturday I believe, right? Is it like a HPDE? Thanks!

Did I hear Shenandoah Circut? If there going to be there I may do it. How long are the sessions and how many are there? Its only Saturday I believe, right? Is it like a HPDE? Thanks!
A hyper drive is a short (I think 20 mins) on track session with a BSR instructor. Last year the Shen was used for parking anf the Hyper drives were on the Jeffy circuit.

Ok. How many does a driver get to do? And there only on Saturday, right? Thanks!

https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=373

This form handles registration only for Hyperdrives for the Hyperfest event at Summit Point Raceway (Jefferson Circuit) on Saturday July 8. If you are interested in registration for the weekend sprint races or HPDE school, please click on the July 8, 9 event.

We did sell out all the hyperdrives sessions last year, so if you definitely want to come, sign up TODAY! You are welcome to sign up for 1, 2, or 3 sessions.

>>>>>>>>>The HyperDrive is an introduction to the world of high performance driving on the racetrack and for only $40. Your classroom session will teach the basics you will need when you are at speed and then it’s off to the track where your personal instructor will strap into your passenger seat and coach you. Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license and insurance. Every car must pass a basic technical inspection for safety reasons. Loaner helmets are available. If you register online you still must check in at the Information Booth at the track. Spots will be filled on a first come first served basis for session assignment. There are 4 sessions each day. Get to the track early to schedule the one you want. You must cancel at least 7 days prior to the event to get a credit or refund. About 8-10 days before the event, you will be e-mailed further instructions about the event and additional info.

HyperDrives are single HPDE-like sessions, you do as many as you sign up for. I think each session costs $40-50, not sure of the exact number. They're mainly meant to introduce new folks to track driving. They will also be doing HyperRides, where you ride with BSR instructors in the school Crown Vics for a couple bucks. I think these usually include some side-by-side play, maybe some forward 360's and the like (typical BSR anti-terrorist training moves) to spice up the rides.

The e-mail I got from BSR said they would be held on the SC this year. I think the drift school is on the JC? Saturday only for the BSR activities.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking over the registration page and they say

"There are 4 sessions each day. Get to the track early to schedule the one you want."

So you only get to do one or all 4 that day? I'm confused.

I was looking over the registration page and they say

"There are 4 sessions each day. Get to the track early to schedule the one you want."

So you only get to do one or all 4 that day? I'm confused.

For $40 you get ONE session. If you arrive at noon expect not to have many choices. You could register online and do all 4 sessions, at $40 each.

I gotcha! Sorry if I kept on going on about this. Thanks for your help!

No problem! If replying to your post bothered me I wouldn't reply!

Hope you make it out!