Roll Call for 944-spec at PIR Feb 21,22

944-Spec#94

Ok... Who is going to the next Nasa Event?

Feb 21,22 at PIR

1) Joe P #94 (all signed up! )

2) Steve S. #09

3) Tom S. #15

4)

5)

6)

Not Racing on Toyo's

- Tyler Thompson (Yokohama Tires - 944-Ghetto-Cup)

- Jason Boles (Yokohama Tires - 944-Ghetto-Cup)

Edited by Guest

Not this one, sold the car. Timing has me financially not so hurting, that I can SLOWLY start building the other one. May need some loaners from the guys though?

Have fun guys.

Dylan,

Congrats on the sale. Was it someone from the POC weekend that is the new lucky owner? Are the seats still for sale? I have told a few people about them.

It was our buddy Jason. He's stepping up to come race 944 spec when his schedule allows. So one seat goes with the car. The other seat, the Corsa is still for sale.

I'm trying hard to make it! I'm 3rd in the points (only 1 point behind Chas and his 924S) after AMP with two 2nd's and a DNS. I'll need to swap 5th gear to the new tranny and fix a CV or wheel bearing problem. We'll see............

Looks like my dumb friend picked Feb 21rst to get married a second time.

Any of you Phoenix guys plan on coming out here to Fontana besides Bowles and Tyler?

Really? Chas Wirken told me it was BOWELS!

Just kidding

Thanks for the correction. I want to focus attention on the drivers and their skills, so maybe I should spell their names correctly,huh?!

Looks like my dumb friend picked Feb 21rst to get married a second time.

Any of you Phoenix guys plan on coming out here to Fontana besides Boles and Tyler?

Not planning on it. I don't have the funds to do any out of state races this with my wedding and all. So I am going to miss out. Next year or maybe in the fall depending vacation time and cash level.

Tim,

You should no longer be 1 point behind me. Given the retroactive imposition of a 300 pound weight penalty, without notice, due to a lightened flywheel that I understood I was allowed to retain until the engine next had to come out of the car, and the various other out of spec parts (including the shift light that I forgot to mention), I no doubt have been stripped of all points from the January races at AMP. But I fall to the bottom of, or am removed from, the standings knowing that I was never deceptive (i.e. an open hood) and always acted in good faith.

Good luck and be safe.

...due to a lightened flywheel that I understood I was allowed to retain until the engine next had to come out of the car....

Chas,

with no intention of starting a fight, especially as we've never even met and you could well be the nicest guy out there? But, based on your line above, did you word that incorrectly, or did you honestly believe that NASA would make it completely spec legal for you to run an item that would be an advantage, for an indefinite amount of time. Based on the statement that it was ok until the engine had to next come out? Damn, I'll put that Turbo on and take the slap on the wrist and remove it next time I had to open my hood. If these cars are as reliable as we hope, then that could potentially not be in any coming years?

I know it fun to have stabs at NASA and the rules and the people that set them. But, (not pointing a finger at you because your not guilty) did people really need to be told that Turbo injectors and Turbo Fuel regulators are against the rules. Give me a break. So, again, I too think some items should be a no brainer, accusumps (if mounted in a position so as to NOT act as ballast), shift lights, even modified throttle cams. But, the rules are clear and the rules are simple. Why labor on the subject?

Sorry it's going to cost you money to change these items, especially if you thought it was within reason and with the rules when you did it. If you knew it was skirting the rules when you did it, then stop blaming the officials clamping down on it now? And no, nobody stood up and made me captain, I just believe in taking responsibility for ones actions. Lets call a spade a spade.

No offense intended what so ever.

Cheers,

Dylan,

The points posted on my site are NOT OFFICIAL. I created them using the official results posted by NASA. The only OFFICIAL 944-spec points are those posted on the 944-spec website.

Edited by Guest

well Tyler and I will be there At PIR racing 944-Cup Cause we are not running the correct tires - We just picked up a tire sponsorship from a local shop and will be running Yokohama Advans A032R we are very excited and we will be getting Toyo's hopefully for some outside events! (IE Cali)

Chas, dont be mad - just come and kick my ass (on the track) at the next event - Since we did not see how fat your car was at the last event you still retained all your points!

Jason

Ok Jason,

Do you know what the official points system for 2004 is?

Same as last year? Same as in NASA CCR? Something else?

I will update the OFFICIAL Points as soon as I know. Thanks

Paid up and ready to race. Removed the MSD and the throttle cam to make the car legal. Replaced the timming belt and rebuilt the A-arms, New Impact latch and link harness, removed another 15lbs from the car and 10 from me, medical, hair cut and a good nights sleep ZZZZZ.