honda classing (added vtec head)

StlSupra

i recently spun a bearing on my honda and happened to find a good deal on another engine but with a different head. i know its mid season but since i'm out two events due to this so far i guess i can consider the season scrapped.

question is i have a 90 honda civic si (non vtec) but the new enigne is vtec. so do i choose my starting class vtec or non-vtec (with non oem head?) overall both methods put me in the same class (up one from where i was) but with a different amount of points left over.

• National Staff

You will need to take the one that ends up costing you more points, which I imagine is taking the points separately. The VTEC Civic weighed a lot more than your car, which was taken into account in its classing.

Also, I sure wouldn't give up on the Midwest series missing only two events. I imagine that you are very much still in the chase for a podium spot in the regional Championship.

Bill,

I would ask for a variance from your TT Director so you can continue to compete against the same cars in your class. Oh wait, your TT Director, Bill Marquardt, is your competition in TTF.

Please come out to Mid Ohio, crossover event, and run in TTE then. There are a few other cars in that class locally already so you should have some nice competition.

John

i recently spun a bearing on my honda and happened to find a good deal on another engine but with a different head. i know its mid season but since i'm out two events due to this so far i guess i can consider the season scrapped.

question is i have a 90 honda civic si (non vtec) but the new enigne is vtec. so do i choose my starting class vtec or non-vtec (with non oem head?) overall both methods put me in the same class (up one from where i was) but with a different amount of points left over.

If you can stay in TTF, register for TTF for Nationals. You would make it 6 of us!