SCCA National T4 Mustang Race car Scotty B. White built and raced - Spec Iron or TT

eurocars

2006 SCCA National car --Was fastest T4 Mustang in 2015 and 2016 as raced at the Nationals by Scotty B. White .. I picked this up on 2017 and raced it once in 2019 for a first place finish .
My son took it through drivers school in 2022 . We then took it to my sons first race and had an issue within a few laps with a failed transmission . After that I replace the transmission and at that time installed a new clutch as well as a new driveshaft . We showed up to the next race and after a few laps my son said the car was vibrating at over 100 mph . Some other racers said I should rotate the drive shaft so I rotated it 180 degrees . My son then took the car back out and at over 100 mph the vibration was so bad it cracked the tail housing on the new trans and dumped out over 2 quarts of trans fluid on the exhaust ! I was there at the end of the main straight away at Blackhawk farms raceway and it looked like the engine had blown up ! I then got another trans for the car and took the new driveshaft into a driveshaft repair company where they told me the new driveshaft was way out of balance and should never have been sold to anyone ! ! They then rebuilt the driveshaft for the next race and we showed up again only to go 2 laps before the car just died out . It would start but shut off right away . Several racers came over and said they thought it was the crank sensor . It turned out to be that the MAF was dirty !!!! When I got around to cleaning it , after I had already installed a new crank sensor ( that made a little difference ) the car then fired right up and ran strong like it had before . My son told me he also noticed there was still a vibration at around 90 mph . I took the car to a track day last year , and did a few laps only to discover at around 85 mph there was still a vibration coming from what I thought was the driveshaft . Since then I have purchased another good transmission and a good used driveshaft for the car . Next step was to get to another track day and try it out with the newer driveshaft as I had the feeling the other one was still damaged . I am getting old ( over 70 ) and tired of working on any cars ! I also race a Honda s2000 and have no real need for this Mustang , I have the scca logbook and the MSCC log book . The car has many new parts and many spares as well . The wheels and tires on the car only have a few laps on them ! the front rotors and pads are new with only a few laps on them . With a few upgrades you can go T4 racing at a National level with this car . It has a few dings and dents from the last National runoff race it was in . I do have a brand new left door and front fenders in stock .
I raced a Spec Miata for 3 year prior to getting this car and it is capable of low 2:40's at Road America . I will add more photos and details about the car soon . Reasonable price so someone can get a great car for a great price .   Also a good core for a Spec Iron build as well

IMG_7329 - Copy.JPG

IMG_4651.JPG

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

IMG_4119.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

Screenshot_2020-12-22 Touring 4 2016 SCCA Runoffs(6).jpg

Did not see a way to edit this listing !    Price is $14,750 or offer .  Some details on the car .

Built and raced at several National runoffs in 2014 2015 and 2016 -- fastest T4 Mustang in the SCCA .

Scotty B. White has raced at many of the runoffs in T1 T2 T3 and T4 .   When I got this car in late 2017 -December

It came without a seat or belts or transponder and the tires on the car needed to be replaced .

I installed a Sparco seat and new belts in 2018 as well as new Goodyear race tires.  My son and I raced the car in a high speed time trail at the Milwaukee mile where I took first place with the car in class and my son took 2nd place .

BTW we were faster than all the V8 powered Mustangs racing at the track that day except a 2012 Mustang Boss 302 that was modified . They were not in our class but for this V6 to beat a 2018 Mustang GT with over 400 HP was cool .  

The car has a removable steering wheel -- I installed a cool suit system in the car this last summer .

My son took this car through drivers school in 2022 .    Tires and wheels on the car have less than 10 track miles on them !

I do have a set of new belts still in the box for the car .  the car comes with 8 more factory Form mustang wheels as seen on most of the pictures .  4 of them still have usable Goodyear tires on them that only have 2 weekends of use , Fine for track days but not for competition .  I also have 2 more driveshafts -- a spare transmission -- not installed but new in the box rear rotors and racing pads .   When I replaced the clutch I noticed it was still really in good condition .  So I have it as a spare .  Remember this car was built by someone who currently still races a T3 Mustang and a T4 Mustang a well as his Doge Vipers that  he raced at the last Runoffs .  This is a quality built winning car that just needs some sorting out and it will still be a great way to race in T4 or race with NASA in TT or convert to a spec iron car ..   At this price it is a great deal for anyone on a limited or unlimited budget .