Racing seat - need recommendations

rayk

New to HPDE and want to upgrade my seat and harness setup. Have a 2004 Mustang GT and the seats and belt setup are marginal.

What seat and harness would you recommend?

Thanks,

Ray

What is the intended use of the car? I.E. track only!

If you put a "race" seat & belts in, you SHOULD put atleast a rollbar in!And it would be better to have a expert install all of it!

GO ALL THE WAY OR LEAVE IT ALL STOCK!

Now for what seat is the best.... everybody likes different stuff. So go over to a local shop if you can and try some on

I run a Sparco Evo2, Gforce 6pt, and a Autopower race 4pt

Hope this helps, John

Yes, as John says, all this equipment is designed to work hand in hand. You don't want to mix and match as that can actually make the car more dangerous. If you decide to go "full boat", I recommend the Recaro Pole Position. I have two of 'em in my car.

What's wrong with the stock seats other than it's impossible to stick both sides of your behind in the seat at the same time

What's the car usage? The reason people are asking is that some seats recline, others don't.

You don't want to run a harness unless you've got a rollbar and racing seat installed. If you don't have those and plan on using the car on the street often, you'll probably want to with a reclining seat with a nice cushy bottom used along with the factory 3pt belt. If you plan on a dedicated car, you're going to want a proper racing seat.