Time Trial Nationals - morning driver's meetings?

Markus

Hello -

Is it too early to ask about the meeting schedule for Nationals?

I'm starting to make hotel plans as well as figure out what my time requirements will be at the track and how to keep my wife happy.

Part of this is driver's meeting times - on a typical NASA weekend we have a very early (7:45 or 8am) driver's meeting. At Nationals, time trials doesn't hit the track until like 10am so I'm hoping the early morning meeting will be cancelled or moved to 9:15 or something.

As of now - the only meeting listed on the schedule is the meeting for all drivers on Wednesday evening (also important for those making travel plans to note - it looks like this is required so you can't just roll in Thurs am).

Like I said I know it's kind of early but thanks for any and all clarification that can be provided at this point in time!

- Mark

• National Staff
Hello -

Is it too early to ask about the meeting schedule for Nationals?

I'm starting to make hotel plans as well as figure out what my time requirements will be at the track and how to keep my wife happy.

Part of this is driver's meeting times - on a typical NASA weekend we have a very early (7:45 or 8am) driver's meeting. At Nationals, time trials doesn't hit the track until like 10am so I'm hoping the early morning meeting will be cancelled or moved to 9:15 or something.

As of now - the only meeting listed on the schedule is the meeting for all drivers on Wednesday evening (also important for those making travel plans to note - it looks like this is required so you can't just roll in Thurs am).

Like I said I know it's kind of early but thanks for any and all clarification that can be provided at this point in time!

- Mark

Mark,

Of course, all drivers will need to be at the Wednesday night meeting at 8pm. Depending on how long that meeting is going to be, we may be able to do our first TT meeting immediately after that meeting (I'll check with Bryan on the estimated length of that meeting). If not, then it will likely be at 8am on Thursday.

• Members

Mark,

Of course, all drivers will need to be at the Wednesday night meeting at 8pm. Depending on how long that meeting is going to be, we may be able to do our first TT meeting immediately after that meeting (I'll check with Bryan on the estimated length of that meeting). If not, then it will likely be at 8am on Thursday.

So we have to be there an extra 24 hours before the event just to attend a meeting?

• Members
12 hours, but who's counting

Did I miss an AM or PM notation?

Im just trying to figure out just how many days off from work I will need to miss is all. Not complaining. Just trying to plan this out so its as financially feasable as possible.

I hear ya on the time off deal... but its such a long haul for me its the same amount of days no matter when the drivers meeting(s) are (night before vs early on day one)

It's a long 9 hour trip from here in the heart of No'Clina, so I can't imagine how much of a trip it is for you guys from Caleefournian. Y'all might want to take a leave of absence from work.

• Members
Y'all might want to take a leave of absence from work.

Ya think?

Its 2300 miles each way for me from San friggin Diego. Could I be any further away?

6 travel days for 3 days of 3 sessions a day? And yet I justify this in my head. I need meds......

See, I'm glad I asked...good to start clarifying this stuff I guess.

Shawn - you need to come out since you're in TTE with me. I'll buy you a beer for every 1k miles of the trip, sound fair?

- Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
See, I'm glad I asked...good to start clarifying this stuff I guess.

Shawn - you need to come out since you're in TTE with me. I'll buy you a beer for every 1k miles of the trip, sound fair?

- Mark

I should be there, already signed up. Wow, 3 beers huh? Ill be so wasted!

• Members
I'll match Mark's offer.. that makes a sixer!

S

you guys are just trying to get me all wasted so I cant drive! I see thru your thinly veiled plot!

WONT WORK!!!

• Members
It sure does sound like they are trying to set you up Shawn

Yeah, im too smart for that!

I might have 1 beer....... at a time.

They cant trick me I tells ya!

nope, not me!

nope, nope, nope!

• Members
OK then to be fair, for each one you drink we'll down one too That way there's no competitive advantage!

S

Deal!

Hey, hey hey....don't leave the hosting TT Director out of this event. I believe somewhere in the TT Rules there is something about honoring the home course Director as well.

J

Y'all might want to take a leave of absence from work.

Ya think?

Its 2300 miles each way for me from San friggin Diego. Could I be any further away?

6 travel days for 3 days of 3 sessions a day? And yet I justify this in my head. I need meds......

Ummmm, I already scheduled my leave of absence. Just think, I'll be at the track for 9 straight days! I'll be working at the track the weekend before our test days start, so I've just put in for a full week off from work and will be living at the track all week.

As for the meds... That's why we race. Adrenaline is my drug of choice.

• Members
Hey, hey hey....don't leave the hosting TT Director out of this event. I believe somewhere in the TT Rules there is something about honoring the home course Director as well.

J

Sure, your right!

I recall Greg added:

"Host director buys first round and twice that for all west coast participants".

Thats a swell rule!!!

OK then to be fair, for each one you drink we'll down one too

I like the way the Indy guys roll.

I guess you drive a girly Miata, you have to make up for it with your drinking skillz.

- Markus

• National Staff

We will be having a mandatory 8am TT Driver's meeting on Thursday--at the TT Tent in the middle paddock area.

The Wednesday night meeting is expected to be about an hour long. So, you guys can start working on Shawn's hangover at about 9pm.

• Members
We will be having a mandatory 8am TT Driver's meeting on Thursday--at the TT Tent in the middle paddock area.

The Wednesday night meeting is expected to be about an hour long. So, you guys can start working on Shawn's hangover at about 9pm.

I dont need no help! I do it good all by myself!