Machfly

considering running in TT with you guys, sifting thru some on the mylaps times there doesnt seem to be that much participation. how many cars typically run? looks like at blackhawk there were only 11 cars.

thanks,

chad

Blackhawk was a new event in the Midwest Region, which is only in it's second year. At the Putnam event we had 40+ participants. Each event seems to be growing, although there are not always lots of cars in each class. TTU is heavily concentrated as is TTD this year. Expectations are for TT to continue on it's growth path as more and more HPDE4 participants and instructors commit to the Time Trial program. It's a great alternative to those who may not want to race. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

John

Blackhawk was a new event in the Midwest Region, which is only in it's second year. At the Putnam event we had 40+ participants. Each event seems to be growing, although there are not always lots of cars in each class. TTU is heavily concentrated as is TTD this year. Expectations are for TT to continue on it's growth path as more and more HPDE4 participants and instructors commit to the Time Trial program. It's a great alternative to those who may not want to race. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

John

was trying to figure my class, but with an aftermarket turbo it said i had to contact someone for classification. do you have a contact number? i live in illinois if that matters for region.

• National Staff

Welcome,

I will need your maximum horsepower (you will need a dyno sheet to give to your Regional Director), and your minimum competition weight (no driver--the least the car will weigh when coming off the track). I need to know the year, make, and model of the vehicle. I will then assign a base class for you, and you will add up modification points from there for everything except engine and weight reduction in order to figure out your final class.

Send this info to [email protected]

Also, I don't know what your track experience is, but our TT program is for advanced level drivers only. Other drivers need to begin in our HPDE program and work their way up to TT. If that is the case, you don't need to get the car classified now.