One Car two Drivers??

vitoal18t

Hello,

I just registered for HPDE 1 for both Saturday and Sunday.

Is it OK if my brother also drives this same car either. He is also a NASA member.

Or do we have to register him too and pay double??

It is very difficult for me to bring 2 cars to this event at this point.

Thank you!

I've seen people do 2 drivers, both in different groups mind you, drive the same car

make sure the brakes and cooling capabilities of the car are well beyond where they need to be tho. That will be a REAL test of the machine

I'm not sure if I understand your logic here......

You register for the event....not the car. Sure it's ok to use the car in multiple sessions, but if you are going out in group 1 and your brother takes the car out in group 3 (for example) you are getting double the track time so why would you expect to only pay once?

Or are you talking about splitting the group 1 sessions? If so talk with your region director and/or the group leader. As long as you both are NASA members I don't think it would be a problem but they would have the final say on that. You could also ask about doing some volunteer work that weekend since this would help pay for some of your track time.

I am sorry if I wasn't clear.

What I am trying to do here is share HPDE 1 sessions with my brother. I guess there will be 4 sessions on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. Some of those sessions will be driven by me and some by my brother. Or I'll have him drive Saturday and I'll drive Sunday all in HPDE 1.

The real issue is that I already registered for the event under my membership for both Saturday/Sunday. So I'll either have to cancel my registration and register only for Sunday and have my brother register for Saturday.

But it would be cool if they would just let us split the event, since I already paid for 2 days and really we won't be consuming any extra resources that way.

Thank you.

I am not sure of your region but each participating driver must be a NASA member and Must have their own registration. In the Mid Atlantic region, all HPDE are 2 day events and each entry is for ONE driver. You cannot split an HPDE because the classroom sessions build on the previous one thru the weekend.Two registered entrats can share a car for the weekend but of course they cannot be in the same group