Liability Insurance for driving my 924S to the track?

Tim Comeau

Parish-Heacock is sending me info via email. A nice lady on the phone said they would cover me for $250.00 per year, based on less than 3K miles per year, no daily driving, no coverage on the track, just coverage to and from the events!

I hope it works out........I'll let you guys know. This would mean no more renting trucks and borrowing trailers. $$$$$$$$$$$

Also, found another lead for mass transportation of our cars to tracks.

At your service,

• 3 weeks later...

They were good to me. I think Jeff Grow referred me to them. I've been looking for a long time for a company who understands that I have a streetable race car. I need to be upfront with them about that so there's no fraud claim if and when I crash and it's my fault.

TC

• 5 weeks later...

I just signed up with these guys too. The only think I did not understand was that the drivable policy covers the car everywhere (street, storage, towing) except in the paddock. On the other hand, their STP coverage for race cars is less money and covers the car in storage, transport, and paddock. Not a big deal, but it just seems curious.

PCA National has worked with an insurance broker and underwriter who has developed a collision damage insurance program for PCA members who participate in PCA DE events. This program is handled by Laurel Consulting Group in Toronto and they can be contacted toll free at 866 518-1110. Ask for David Empringham.

Don't know if this would work for a spec racer but maybe worth investigating.

• 2 months later...

I just tried to get a quote from PH but they are saying that they can't do liability coverage for a race car on the street- only physical damage, collision, and comprehensive.

Did you guys not get liability coverage?

My car was insured whilst it was a street car. I have not seen a policy to tell me there is an issue with converting it? Perhaps it's ignorant bliss? Problem is, they think race car they think highly modified. You need to try to convince them the engine is stock and with the other mods it's actually SAFER for you as a driver.

P.Dilly.

Tom, I think you talked to someone who is either new or ignorant. Perhaps they didn't understand that it's a street car that's used on the weekends for racing. That is, it's not a race car. It's a street legal car. I have liability.

Ask for Jennifer. You'll dig her accent, too. If they don't understand, refer them to my policy.