TT National Championships Info--updated 9-6-06

Greg G.

• National Staff

Transponders will be available for rent. The cost is $50. Transponder rental will take place at Driver Info at the base of the Goodyear Tower.

The current tentative schedule and Supplemental Rules for the event are here http://www.nasaproracing.com/nc/schedule.pdf ,and here http://www.nasaproracing.com/nc/supps.pdf

There is a liberal cancellation policy that is stated in the Supplementals.

The current paddock map is here (We will be having our meetings in the Large Tent near First Aid, not in a TT tent) http://www.nasaproracing.com/nc/pavementsalesmap.pdf

Four NASA decals will be required on all TT cars (one front, one rear, and one on each side). They may be placed on the windows if desired. All cars must have "profession" appearing numbers and class letters--both sides and rear (i.e. no masking tape jobs). Drivers that choose to wear a driving suit must have a NASA patch on the suit. All drivers must bring their current NASA membership card and TT (or NASA Competition) License with them.

All drivers must be at the mandatory meeting on Wednesday Sept 13th, 8pm for all participants at the NASA Championships. They must also be at the 8am meeting Thursday Sept 14th that will be held in the large tent. TT Download meetings will be held in the large tent after the first and second driving sessions (times to be announced in the future--but probably will be 30-60 minutes after the run session to allow time for results collection, race control report, and compliance tech inspection. These meetings are mandatory, and unexcused absense will place the driver at risk for penalties including DQ from the prior session, and loss of track time in the following session.

The Friday night TT Dinner is free to all TT Drivers. We have an additional 50 or so family/crew/top officials that will be joining us.

The TT awards presentation will follow the same program as that for the racers http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=10267 but will take place at the end of our event on Saturday. (If any compliance issues are found during the Saturday evening inspection process (there better not be ), we will be re-shooting podium photos on Sunday) There will be some nice prizes for the TT Champions from a sponsor that will be supporting TT--Press release to follow soon! If you know of any other potential sponsors that would like to support the TT program with prizes, please let me know ASAP.

more to follow later.......

Edited by Guest

Greg, page 2 states that withdrawal date for full refund must be made by September 22, I'm guessing that date is incorrect. What is the last date to withdraw?

Now, don't be backing out on us, Jody.

Oh, I have no intention of backing out. The Big Pine Key Taxi will be there for the green flag.

It just seemd odd that the cancellation date was after the event had concluded.

• National Staff

I guess they wanted to give the competitors every possible chance to show up (i.e. fix the car up until the very last minute without having to worry that if they don't get it ready in time that they will lose their registration fees).

That's very generous.

I'm having a couple of issues with my car I just discovered yesterday. I'm signed up for an event this coming weekend, but I'm not sure I can get them sorted out by Friday. But since I only have a couple of events between now and mid September, I should be ready, able and willing.

Looks like the schedule only lists one day. Are the others exactly the same? Also, how will tech work for those of us with logbooks? I guess there are two kinds of tech, safety, which is what I'm referring to, and compliance tech/impound...

• National Staff

I'm not sure how safety tech is going to work yet. But, it is probably safe to say that all cars will probably have some type of inspection, even if they have a log book. The schedule hasn't changed yet from 6-1. I'm sure at some point, they will post the schedule that includes the Formula Fords.

My unofficial count right now is 53 cars registered. If there are people out there still thinking of registering (I understand there may be as many as 9 in the Ohio region alone), then please get off your..........hands, and start typing on the registration page. Numbers talk--if you know what I mean! I'm not the only one noticing a few race groups with low numbers-- opportunity