Polyurethand busing question.

prgallo

Sorry if this is a repeat, I did search around and didn't find the answer but I can't find the butter in the refridgerator either...

Rule 9 under suspension/brakes/chasis says in parens, may have polyurethane end bushing. If that is my only change on the stock sway bars does that count as +2, or does that mean that poly is OK not any points (that is my wishful thinking as I'm +19 w/o poly).

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Now I've gotta go read up on licensing... ttyl

• National Staff

Yep, Pete. You were correct--wishful thinking.

Nope, if you have the stock sway bars, (and don't take any points for sway bars--i.e. because you removed one and had to take the two points), then you would need to take the +1 for Poly bushings on the end-links. Some of these things just need to be all or none, or we would go nuts trying to calculate them out. So, any poly bushings or spherical bushings that are not covered by the sway bar exception, or the camber plate exception cost points. But, you can get the full set of poly bushings for the car if you can find another point to give up somewhere. Or, shoot the moon, and add another 18 points to the car