Share car requirements, can you drive more than one car?

Chris Utter

I've signed up for de3 , can drive more than one car? I have my street/track car can I bring my teams spec944 and share with my team mates,,who have driven nasa de 3.??

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, new NASA/SFI Tech Inspector here… this might be handy to have:

NASA Club Codes and Regulations (CCR) 2024.0 Edition

If you’re using a Spec944 in an HPDE setting, the car is subject to HPDE/TT prep/inspection. See:

(1) pg. 28 section 11.2, bullet points 1, 2, 5, and 7.
(2) pg. 29 section 11.4 

If a car (such as the Spec944) starts presenting modifications (such as a racing seat/harness or roll cage), techs are required to enforce Section 15 (pp. 40-56), which includes driver attire. 

In other words, you could be driving in street clothes in your street car, but if you jump into a spec/racing vehicle without a full body racing suit and appropriate gear, tech and/or grid may stop you from going out on the track, so just be aware of that.  

As far as driving your street car for one session, then switching the Spec944, it sounds like that is track/event dependent. I can’t find anything that says no, but I’d recommend contacting the instructor/lead that heads DE3 and get the green flag before going on track.

HTH!