Who's running at the PCA Fontana club race 3/26-28?

jjgrow

I'm the PCA DE eventmaster and will be running in the PCA Club Race and Enduro. I'm not POC licensed yet so I can't run with them.

I see Jon Ariano and Chas Wirken from AZ are running PCA as well. Mark? Chris? David?

Please let's see a show of hands. PCA early registration ends this Sunday.

Regardless if you run POC or PCA, we can all run together in the Enduro!

1. Ariano

2. Wirken

3. Grow

4. Benbow

5. Foley

6. Yousko

7. Scott

Edited by Guest

If I can get this other car running then yes. I'm aiming at the minimum, cage, tires, safety items etc. The rest will have to come later. Oh yeah, running motor of course too!!

Dylan.

If you're running PCA, get your registration in by Saturday or the price goes up $100. We've got a refund policy if you can't make the event. Not sure what POC is doing.

Hey Jeff, lets get 15 944s at the NASA Cal Speedway event first!

Ryan, Tim's handling that. The CFoS is a big annual Porsche affinity group event with the "wine and cheese" Porsche drivers show so much affection for. Its also a big event in terms of showcasing the cars. The general consensus is that new SoCal 944-spec drivers will come from the existing Porsche ranks. Objective (for us) is to drum-up more 944 NASA racers. Therefore we are attempting to get some exposure at events where we would likely pick up new drivers. This event will also get national exposure.

Here's a question for people. POC are not offerring a race class for the 944 spec just yet, so, do we run the PCA club race so we can all run/race together?

I want to do the Enduro and would run with POC if it supports POC's new decision to include the class? But, will it look bigger and better if we are all running in the SAME class/run groups, races etc? What do people think? Timmy, Eric?

Dylan.

Seems like for this event at the end of March, drivers are lining up on the PCA side of things. I know Chas Wirken and Jonathon Ariano(PHX) are going to be in the PCA groups. Regardless, the POC will be there and they'll see our numbers.

Seems like for this event at the end of March, drivers are lining up on the PCA side of things. I know Chas Wirken and Jonathon Ariano(PHX) are going to be in the PCA groups. Regardless, the POC will be there and they'll see our numbers.

Yeah, its a question of race licensing really. Hopefully we can draw some new drivers into the herd. I'm coordinating parking. I'm coordinating the parking to try and get all the spec cars together. Maybe we can get your big Porsche crest posters etc. for our corral.

I'm running the PCA FOS. Doing the club race and have also signed up for the enduro. Plan on doing all events in my turbo car. Although, it may be more fun to race the spec car in the enduro if there are others comitted to doing it in spec cars. So, how many are doing the enduro so far?

Jeff, we will be in the motorhome area with the hookups. Please put us with the spec guys if that is your responsibility and it's possible. Also, if possible, I would like to be on the side of the parking area where I can pull the MH and trailer in facing north versus the other side facing south. That would be great if possible. We also plan on bringing lots of spares to keep on the trailer for everyone.

I will be doing the Orange Group race with POC but will probably pass on the Enduro as I'd need to join PCA also. Should be lots of fun. Maybe we can have a pit area for Spec cars if any assistance is needed during the race.

Eric

Great stuff. I'd like to see us all pit together if possible, people in garages excepted. Last year, we were all over by the gas station, up against the fence, which was good for displaying our banners, too. That will keep our class sponsors happy! How do we secure a section like that, Jeff?