HC in Texas?

AntiGluten

I saw that post about honda challenge coming to texas, but that was from last august. I was wondering if anyone has any updated information on whether it'll be here or not this year and if so when? Thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the dates and locations. After looking through the HC forum i have come up with more questions? This will be my first time ever competing in HC.

1. What are the requirements to compete in HC? (ex. driving school, certification,etc..)? If this is the case how long does it take to get approved to drive in HC? Would i be able to race in 2004 season as a rookie?

2. From reading classification of vehicles, i understand i would be competing in H1 class. 92 civic hatch with b16a as a hybrid. Is that correct?

3. What are the general fees to particapate in HC events?

4. Does Texas HC use a spec tire? if so what tire?

I would really like to participate in the Texas HC. At least by the end 2004 or beginning of 2005. Any help on getting started would be greatly appreciated.

First off, glad to hear you are interested in HC!!

I don’t know everything, but I'll answer your questions best of my ability.

1. What are the requirements to compete in HC? (ex. driving school, certification,etc..)? If this is the case how long does it take to get approved to drive in HC? Would i be able to race in 2004 season as a rookie?

******* Well you will have to do Drivers Education or Race Craft first. Then they decide when your ready to enter a race. If you have track experience already you maybe able to get out there pretty quickly. If not you will want to get some track time first. I did 2 years of autox and 2 years of the driving schools before my first race. Some have done more, some have done less. Just depends on how safe you are on the track and if your car is ready for racing.

Here are the rules:

http://www.nasatx.com/rules.asp

The honda challenge rules are on the top of this forum.

I would start by doing the first event you can and enter under intro de if you have no track experience and advanced de if you already have track experience.

2. From reading classification of vehicles, i understand i would be competing in H1 class. 92 civic hatch with b16a as a hybrid. Is that correct?

***** I'll let someone else answer this I'm not up on hybrid's at all.

3. What are the general fees to participate in HC events?

****** $250 with nasa texas

Dig around on the site it will answer everything.

4. Does Texas HC use a spec tire? if so what tire?

******** We are not doing a spec tire for hctx this year.

Last time 2 were on hoosiers and 2 were on kumhos.

Just to give you an idea of what were running.

I would really like to participate in the Texas HC. At least by the end 2004 or beginning of 2005. Any help on getting started would be greatly appreciated.

****** Trevor and I will give you all the help you need. We are here to promote the class and the sport.

Now I'll let others comment on your post also.