Link to Base Classification forms..

Falcon

Greg, where's the link to the base car classification form? One of the links in the stickys is dead. One link is for modification points form.

• National Staff

Jody, what "Base car classification form"? There is only one classification form, and it has the mod points on it. And, there are the rules that list the base classifications.

I actually am going to have a special classification form for the Championships (it has a few info items added to it that I need--like the list of the 5 events that qualified the driver, etc.).

All active forms are linked off the National TT Website, http://nasa-tt.com/Rules

I'll have the Championships Classification form posted soon.

Thanks, Greg. I found the base car classifications (TTA,TTU,TTF, etc.) in the rules. I couldn’t remember where I saw it.

There’s a rule that I know has been discussed before, but some of us need clarification since I’ve talked to others who were unsure of it, too.

As you know most new cars produced have ECU’s that control about everything on the engine from timing and fuel maps to when fans turn on. These are as an integral to the car as wheels and tires.

The confusion comes in when we read under the ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN section of the NASA Time Trial Classification Form, #11: “Reprogrammable ECU chip, reflashable computer, or ……..system that can directly control engine timing maps and/or fuel injector pulse, allowing fine-tuning: 1) at the track +6….2) elsewhere +5….” Does that mean if our cars have an ECU that was installed at the factory, that the dealership can plug in to for diagnostic purposes or to change things required by the manufacturer, we should be charged 5 or 6 points, even though the computer has the original setting from the factory in it?

Is that correct?

Dude,

You're thinking about the whole TT classing and points system all wrong. Base class means how the car came from the factory without options or packages. You ONLY take points for things you do to the car ON TOP of that. If an option package included sports shocks and springs, you'd take points for that the same way as you'd take points for adding your own after the fact. Make sense?

Greg and I talked about the computer issue.

As long as it is stock program you get no points.

IN our cars if you likely get anything done to computer count it as 5 points.

Mine was a generic reflash from MTI but there program is based on dyno tuning other cars and then obviously just selling a generic reprogram that is specific in nature to cars with similar mods.

The reality was how do you check those?

I am taking the 5 points so I don't have any complaints. Means I need to throw back on the stock exhaust (except headers) since I would have been at 36 points with that change to 5 points for the computer.

I guess I could have just run stock brake pads and been back at 35.

From the sounds of things, then NOTHING would ever have a +2 non-programmable reflash. Let me also add that NOTHING is actually generic, if you want to go by a strict definition. Every tuner designs an optimized program and then markets it to a large audience who has that car with the mods they intended.

My definition of a NON generic reflash is a reflash that was designed for YOUR car specifically, i.e., hours of dyno testing and tuning on ONE specific car, and then a resultant program. A generic flash that cannot be changed should encompass all else.

Greg and I talked about the computer issue.

As long as it is stock program you get no points.

IN our cars if you likely get anything done to computer count it as 5 points.

Mine was a generic reflash from MTI but there program is based on dyno tuning other cars and then obviously just selling a generic reprogram that is specific in nature to cars with similar mods.

The reality was how do you check those?

I am taking the 5 points so I don't have any complaints. Means I need to throw back on the stock exhaust (except headers) since I would have been at 36 points with that change to 5 points for the computer.

I guess I could have just run stock brake pads and been back at 35.

Yea, I just reviewed some PM's Greg and I had exchanged about this issue about 6 months ago. I guess I'm super senstive about this since everything on the car will be scrutinized at Nationals and I want to make sure I'm where I should be.