I couldn't do it Jeff!

PeanutinCA

I could not for the life of me get under my car and get those bolts/nuts off the Header flanges!! I know it sounds funny, but I am somewhat restricted by my neck. I have a very hard time laying on my back or side and working with my arm(s) above my head. As this was a bolt with a nut setup, it required one hand on the bolt head on the top side of the flange and the other hand trying to hold striaght on the shallow nut and turn those rusted puppies at the same time! Perhaps if some of my mates came over? I did need some extensions too, to help reach and maybe a bendy head for the socket. In the end I snapped my $2 socket sets piece that conects the bigger rachet to the smaller sockets, DOH!

Any more suggestions? The head is almost off. I can set it, I can feel it (lift), I just can't get those damn headers loose!

Ahh crap.

Ha ha ha Mr. Tim, I hope you fall and break a nail playing silly buggers like that. I'll have you know my father was a mechanic, I pulled apart and rebuilt motor bikes when I was a youngin'. Hell, I did some of the work on my first 944 Spec'er, now I'm workin' on the next. Just think, all this talent on and off the track, what are you gonna do?

Oh man alive, I just pulled about 95% of the airconditioning out. Yowza what a job. I'm not sure how everything is going to go back? Couple more hoses in the engine bay and it's out but, what a job! My garage (or should I say my landlords) is a freakin' mess.

Yep. I just stripped the under dash stuff from Sean Steele's (man, that's a great racing name, isn't it?) new car. 4 10mm's in front after the glove compartment comes off, slide in bracket in the rear....................

I know what you mean.

And the good news (if you can call it that, I will) is it appears to be just 4 bent valves. The Pistons look fine with barely a mark. They were even holding a little water in the cyclinder too so, does that mean they are still tight? Anyway, got the 8 valves and sleeves of Ebay for a couple hundred so, now to find a local that can do a valve job? Any suggestions in LAX area?

my944_88_e01.jpg

my944_88_e02.jpg

Dylan.

p.s. Busting my butt to have a shell of a car running for the PCA/POC combined event. There is no way in hell I am making the first NASA event and it's killing me!

Do you forget why I'm going down this path? Why I sold my Tetris car? Because I HAVE NO MONEY!!!! I just went to change my insurance today to save some money, by the why, the switch from Progressive to AAA saved me about $1,300 a year!!! Ahhh, there's the rental, NOT!!!! Perhaps I can persuade Jason with some driving lessons? Set the bar for him on Fontana. I would love to rent, but it defeats the purpose of selling and rebuilding a new car. I'm hoping to get back on the track in the new one for around $4,500 initially. Then the rest will come later.

Dylan.