Selecting a National Time Trial Champion..?

kbrew8991

• Members
Can we get the official details of how champions in each class will be selected?

thanks!

You mean like the fastest single lap time of 3 days of competition, wins?

I remember hearing something about the fastest each day counts, you're ranked, points, and some other non-sense. Never did hear what was actually set in stone...

I was hoping for the Mad Doctor himself to chime in... and if its complicated beyond "fastest time all weekend" to explain it

• National Staff

It's a little complicated. We start with your first session practice time. If it is within 5% of the fastest time in your class, you get a cookie. If it's not, Shawn tells you one of his bad jokes. Now, on to the first competition session--we take the square root of your times from the first day's two competition sessions added together. That number is then multiplied by the X factor--which I shall assign to each car at a later date, depending on whether the driver donates to the TT Dinner or not. The second day's competition times are then added to the sum from from the prior day's calculations, but we drop the best time from each session, and use the second best time to add a consistency factor to the equation. The third day's times only count if all times in your class are slower than the times from the next higher class. But, if they do count, we take the best two times from each session, add all four together, divide by 3, and subtract your worst time from day 2. This number is then added to the prior day's calculations to obtain a final number that will proptly be ignored. Champions will then be determined based on a lottery. Tickets for the lottery can be purchased from the "Mad Doctor", in cash only, and price will depend on the value of your vehicle. So, the Z06 guys are going to need to bring a lot of cash. Simple enough?

Or....... we could read the Championship rules that state (and have stated for about 4 months) that the fastest lap time from any of the three days for each class will determine the Champion.

Signed,

The "Mad Doctor"

• Members
If it's not, Shawn tells you one of his bad jokes.

yeah yeah, like your funny!

I was told I have to go because im the funniest one eveh!

EVEH!!!!!

...... So, the Z06 guys are going to need to bring a lot of cash....

Hell, we don't have any money left, we spent it all on the car. Oh... and on the requisite gold chains!

If it's not, Shawn tells you one of his bad jokes.

yeah yeah, like your funny!

I was told I have to go because im the funniest one eveh!

EVEH!!!!!

NOT!

...... So, the Z06 guys are going to need to bring a lot of cash....

Hell, we don't have any money left, we spent it all on the car. Oh... and on the requisite gold chains!

the gold chains... that explains it.

all that extra weight is why that "TTB" 240SX blew your doors off

Yep! That, and the fact he was faster than heck, would about 'splain it!

Yep! That, and the fact he was faster than heck, would about 'splain it!

A well set-up SR20DET Silvia driven well can haul more than a little ass.