Sept. Enduro?

civicrr

Who is coming? With the NASA Nationals happening, I am betting only those who can't afford the time off & travel expenses will be there instead of Nationals.

Who are you?

Just entered monday. thought about this topic and look someone beat me to it. I look forward to my first race at Sears Point, should be fun. I hope there are some of the regulars from the enduro series.

I'll be there. Picking up my new Spec Miata this weekend, should have it prepped and such in time. Go easy on me, I'm sure its different than my Pro7

Marcus

Marcus,

I must have missed something. The last time I saw you there was some damage to fix on the RX-7. I thought it was 'repairable'.

Details on the new ride, please.

PS Too bad you didn't come on over to a Honda or Acura

PSS Z is gonna race an enduro?

• Members
I am thinking about it... all depends if i can work things out.

I have wanted to try an enduro !

I heard Z might have some pro driver hot shoe to help him spank E2

...but shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret

Marcus,

I must have missed something. The last time I saw you there was some damage to fix on the RX-7. I thought it was 'repairable'.

Details on the new ride, please.

PS Too bad you didn't come on over to a Honda or Acura

PSS Z is gonna race an enduro?

Hey Mike! It was definitely repairable, I raced it last event .

Its a fresh build, on an early 90 car (very light- 250 lbs driver can just about make weight) Pics are here: http://images.miller-motorsports.com/Default.asp?fldr=005

Very basic, no frills car. The price I paid reflected that... After many hours staring at Mike L.'s H1 car, and pricing out H4 builds for Hondas / Acuras. This cost about what I would have put into the donor and cage.

Here's hoping its fun!

Marcus

We were looking forward to this weekends enduro racing, but will not be able to make the show. We took a rock through a radiator on our final testing day at Willow Springs and will have to make repairs.

Hope you guys have a great and safe race!

D. Jansen

Chiron USA

Sorry to hear that Dave, that reminds me of the Lola T616/Mazda which was testing at Riverside in 1983 or 84 and on the 2nd lap they hit a rabbit with that big aluminum splitter and it dented it so badly they had to replace it.

They went back out and on the first lap, hit another rabbit and dented the splitter so badly they couldn't run any more because that was all the splitters they had.

Talk about an expensive and fruitless test day!

Daytona-1984-02-05-067.jpg

lol, at least it wasn't that. We did have a Honda S2000 hit a fox in turn 8 and then proceede to hit the water barrells WAY THE HECK out there and wrinkle the drivers side of the car pretty well. So my rock will just have to be punished once I find the bugger!

Race well!

Dave Jansen

Willow is a good place for rocks and wild animals. A few years back a fellow competitor hit a large jack rabbit with the homemade splitter(large thick piece of aluminum) at the entry to turn eight. Driver had to stop to clean the blood and guts off the windshield. when the car came into the pits I almost puked there was so much blood all over the car. You should have some type of screen to protect the radiator if possible, especially when at willow those rocks are just like heat seeking missles.

Buttonwillow too...those darn critters...not sure exactly what species it was but the first night Enduro we ran in the Radical, we nailed something...hope nobody is eating when they read this heh.

blammo.jpg

Ill be there racing in my new BMW E46 328 in E0. Ive been racing a E30 M3 in E1 in the past. Apparently the USTCC guys are going to race with us for the first hour as their feature race...should make things interesting.

Tim,

I agree and we have screens on them already, looks like we will have to put another layer of screen further forward. The existing screens are just about 2 inches from the rads, about 1/2" squares. Looks like finer mesh further forward in the cooling tunnel.

Glad it wasn't me that hit the critter!

Dave

allegro,

that is a nice mark(good thing there was no damage those noses have to be expensive), but the one I witnessed literally covered the entire car with dripping blood, fur, and parts. the splitter just sliced the animal wide open and covered the car. it was very bad, luckily I didn't have to clean the window durring the pit stop. night enduros can be interesting at times. Look forward to seeing all of you guys at some point this year. I am trying to make the last couple of enduros this year if all goes well.