Need some Mustang tech info

ITAcelica

Hey guys, I need some info. My friend installed a 2002 mustang GT engine is his Lotus, but he cannot get the engine to run. He said its the ECU. I need to find some one that can clean the program off the ECU, can you guys post some links or maybe some numbers. Thanks

ECU's are pretty cheap from a junk yard so I'd just replace it before I spent the money burning a chip. Where are you located? You are welcome to use one of mine if you need to find out. Otherwise I would guess it would have to do with getting the wiring right from the dash harness and the main harness.

Mark

He has the Harness but he said he also needs to run the cluster. The ECU needs the cluster to work. Just like the Acura RSX, you need the cluster to run the motor, but Hondata can clean the ECU of the RSX but i need some one to do it to a Mustang 4.6L ECU. We are in Southern Cali.

He has the Harness but he said he also needs to run the cluster. The ECU needs the cluster to work. Just like the Acura RSX, you need the cluster to run the motor, but Hondata can clean the ECU of the RSX but i need some one to do it to a Mustang 4.6L ECU. We are in Southern Cali.

With the EEC you usually don't 'reprogram' it you intercept the data and change it using a chip. These tools might be what you are looking for,

http://www.superchipscustom.com/

http://www.tweecer.com/

--chad

The reason his car probably won't start is because of the theft system. not ony does he need the cluster and eec,he needs the key and the actaul key ring that goes arond the ignition cluster. I'm willing to bet the light on the cluster for the theft system is flashing very fast. if it is flashing fast let it flash for about two minutes. it will then flash a code that code will tell you if the theft sytem has a problem. if it flashes 1 flash then a pause and flashs several times that's your code.

Steve is right on. Even when we reprogrammed the ECU in the AI/X car, we had to still screw with the PATS system. Autometer makes an aftermarket Cluster with their guages in it, but they recalled them this summer. You might check into that. I'd agree with Steve and everyone that the cluster and the PATS are the problem.

Mark

Mark, of course I'm correct. I just spent a weekand a half trying to figure out why the hell my pats system was junk and my 03 cobra engine wouldn't start. checked everything twice.. well almost everything. I had two eec's one from a 01 bullitt in one drawer of the tool box that had been in the drawer for months.and the 03 cobra eec in another.. I was so pissed.then l I was looking for something else and came accross the 03 cobra eec in the top drawer.hhmmmmm I thought whats this another eec ....felt like a ass.. switched them over and wham it worked.... Took myself to outback that night.... oh and those large tool boxes you can't even see in the top.....Suck big time

• 1 month later...

ITAcelica,

Not sure if you have taken care of your friend yet, but that is just a PATS issue like the other guys are saying. I would just get a custom chip of some kind to disable the PATS and also disable the rear O2 sensors. The Mustang computer has 2 upstream and 2 downstream. Not sure if he is using all 4 or not. If he is only using the 2 upstream, or does not have cats on the car at all, the computer is going to give a code and pull timing. The car will loose a decent amount of hp and run pretty rich. I would assume that he is not using a Mustang instrament cluster, so he can't tell when the check engine light is coming on.

We are building an AI car and putting a Cobra engine in a Fox body Mustang, so I will be doing the same thing, I tune using Autologic & ChipMaster Revolution software and we have to do this stuff on a regular basis. Hope this helps.

P.S. Hey John Pearson, guess who? Tony from Need For Speed. We got hooked on road racing and are building an AI car to race in FL next year.