Time Trial sponsors?

RedRicer

Has anyone stepped up to sponsor Time Trial events in NASA? $ for a class or anything? I've read some about the Redline TimeAttack but whats the difference between that and what NASA does with its TT groups.

I am thinking that some sort of challenge series would be cool. I know there are lots of things like the spec miata and honda challenge for racing but what about TT?

Redline is a sanctioning group (Like NASA, NASCAR, SCCA, etc.. ) Not a sponsor, the sponsor of the Redline Time Attack events is Modified Magazine.

Honda Challenge, Spec Miata, etc are classes, and though may have some contingency prizes from manufacturers in some cases, are not sponsored by them. Since Time Trial has its own classing system, there is no "honda challenge" group of classes, or a Spec Miata class.

Jon K

This is actually a good point. NASA is probably the 2nd strongest High Performance/Race driving organization behind SCCA. Definately much cooler though. Perhaps NASA can work on trying to find a sponser for Time Trials. I know Mike K works with SCC a lot and is a NASA meber and SER driver. Maybe if NASA can work a deal with SCC to cover time trials that could actually get some spectator action to time trial events and more awareness in magazines which could lead to money for TT drivers.

I personally set out with a goal of running time trials. I built a decent car which was quick but had to sell it to finance my wedding in October. That left me stuck with my daily driver (dubbed the rental in its most recent outing) until I can buy another car.

Next year, I'll most likely be running an Rx8 and requesting I move up to HPDE4 so I can run time trials. I don't have a lot of money, but I do have a deep passion for driving fast (on a track) and quite frankly it's the only thing which gets me worked up. I know I'm not the best, but I feel I have some good talent and any sponsership would go a long way to allowing me to live this dream of mine.

Chad

Other differences is Redline does all one-off events with no yearly standings and no championships

NASA TT has regional season championships in all of NASA Regions along with single event winners. Plus NASA has added a Time Trial National Championship event as well, which be held at Mid-Ohio.

NASA TT does have a few Contingency sponsors, but is working on more. NASA TT is also presented by Super Street Magazine. Working along with Super Street NASA has special qualifying TT events with in a NASA TT weekend which will be a qualifer for the Super Street Time Attack Finals in both East and West Coast later in the year.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/upcomingevents/130_0603_2006_time_attack/

http://nasa-tt.com/Home

True, SuperStreet would be the one to go with since we are already qualifiers for those events.

If all of the NASA TT events are being presented by Super Street as of now.. they should promote it more.. (For example, this Forum should be the Super Street Time Trial Forums.) I don't think all of them are that way though, but qualifiers for the Super Street events, and NASA sanctions the finals.

BTW.. Super Street East was already run, with the west coast championship set for November 8.

Jon K

I didn't know SS was covering NASA time trials. I also didn't realize the contengency (sp) program which is not a ton of money but could help suppliment some track days.

Looks like I might have to get a subscription to Super Street now.

• National Staff

Looks like we are up to three announced contingency programs that include TT at the Championships so far: Argent Labs, Solo Performance, and Continental Motorsport Services. There should be more coming!

Looks like we are up to three announced contingency programs that include TT at the Championships so far: Argent Labs, Solo Performance, and Continental Motorsport Services. There should be more coming!

I appreciate the effort to recruit contingency programs to TT, and I know it's no one's fault, but I think it's getting late to be figuring out how to revise my main scheme in order to figure out how to place shingles for contingencies.

I was planning on departing for Ohio by a week from Wednesday (Sept 6) and was hoping to be done with the car -- in and out -- by then .

I guess my choices are revise/adapt my entire scheme in order to place contingency decals , don't play , or let contingency decals look like they just got slapped on .