A Place for a Viper to Race?

David M. Pintaric

Hey guys,

Where, if anywhere, would a SCCA T1-prepped 2004 Dodge SRT10 Viper fit in VVC or GPC?

Is a restrictor required and what weight would I need to be at?

Thanks in advance for your help.

DMP

Hey DMP...Thanks for looking at NASA, hopefully you can race with us. Check the national site. You will find the answers you are looking for. Look for the different classes...ie viper vette challange - GPC

Hi David...

Bring that Viper out and come play with NASA. This is my second year racing with them and I'm having a blast!! Tons of track time. I raced the T1 vette here last year in SU because there was not enough car count, and won about 5 races..so your Viper will kick some butt. Next year they are talking about getting rid of V V C and replacing it with GPS (?) to get a more diverse group of cars...that will help.

BTW....I've seen Jerry in your red vette at a couple of SCCA events this year. He's doing well in it.

David, You will have more seat time at the NASA Championship at Mid Ohio than I have had years of running the Runoffs.

We get 45 minute a day in 3 different sessions and then the final race is 40 minutes on Sunday. Your car is a perfect fit for VVC-1. Common out!

BTW....I've seen Jerry in your red vette at a couple of SCCA events this year. He's doing well in it.

I am happy to hear that! I always worry when someone buys something from me, hoping that they have the same good luck tht I did. Jerry will do well in that car, I wish him luck.

Kevin,

I haven't attended any NASA races this year, so I am not eligible for the National Chmapionship. Being in my "back yard," it does pose an interest to me. It is just tough to find time; one racing series is a full load, two would be overwhelming.

I am trying to find out what to expect competition-wise, and also if I would be able to drop the anchors out of this thing and take the restrictor off the intake. It is a shame what a Viper has to go through to slow it down for T1 (but necassary, except for the last 140 lbs...).

Hey David,

Just make sure you bring a certified RWHP Dyno sheet or the car will be bounced up to X (where all of the action is )

I plan to run my Carvette in both NASA GPC next season and the SCCA D production. It should be a fairly decent dual class car now.

• 1 month later...

I have a dyno sheet, so I know where my car is RWHP-wise. But when reviewing the Rules (circa Nov 2005) I don't see the Gen 3 (2003+) Viper listed.

Right now my car (in SCCA trim) makes 448 RWHP and weights 3,700 lbs with me in it (yes, that much). The ratio is 8.25:1. What class does that fall in to?

Also, is a fuel cell required?

I just read another sticking point: VV1 requires 94 octane fuel...my car requires 100 octane. VV2 and VVX allow 100 octane...am I reading this right or have things changed?

Hey Dave, I thought you were selling your Vippper?

The GPC rules do not have fuel cell or octane requirements or restrictions.

And yes what Greg said. The newest set of rules, that would be a National class, should be out in November.

We just finished our last Texas Region GPC race this past weekend. We a good late season turn out. GPC Vette, GPC Viper, GPC Porsche, and 2 GPC BMWs.

From what I am seeing and hearing the Porsches are going to be out in force next season down here!

Hey David,

Just make sure you bring a certified RWHP Dyno sheet or the car will be bounced up to X (where all of the action is )

Is that dyno sheet before or after we tune the car ?

Hey Jeff..

After you sell the viper are you getting out of T1?? Are you just going to run the A sedan, or buy something new??

The T1 forum won't be the same w/out you. Who's gonna stir the pot & pick on JB???

Not sure Bob. Iwould like to get a new Comp Coupe. I'm done with the mustang it's for sale or rent. JB does a fine job picking on himself. I will run a few NASA events a couple of WC events.

Jeff Robbins

The right answer is I plan to run NASA events to qualify for the National Championship at Mid-Ohio in 2007.

OK,

I plan to run NASA events to qualify for the National Champioship at Mid-oHio in 2007 (no wink).

Lets see...Kevin, David, Jeff and Me....four T1 converts to NASA so far. If it keeps up,we might actually get a good crowd this year in our group at the Nationals.

We need to get Aqua Joe invloved...........................

I plan on playing with you guys too, just waiting for the final rules set for GPC to be in place........Planned earlier last year to run in VVC, but by the time I got around to it, it was easier for me to compete in TT. Anxiously awaiting the rules set............