Porterfield Prize Package for TT (only)

Greg G.

• National Staff

RICHMOND, CA, August 21, 2006- The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce that Porterfield Enterprises LTD will provide a total of $1400 of certificates toward purchases of brake pads to the top finishers in NASA Time Trial competition at the inaugural NASA Championship event at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on Sept 14th-17th, 2006.

Porterfield’s sales manager, Tim Gray, said, “We are proud to have been a sponsor of NASA TT in the Southern California region since the program began in 2004. And, we are pleased to be one of the first sponsors of the Inaugural NASA National Time Trial Championships.â€

SSHHHHHHHWWWWEEEEETTTTTT!

After months of being the bridesmaid it's nice to see several vendors step-up and suppport the Time Trials group. Hello...we are the largset group. Nice job Greenbaum!

What are the requirements to be eligable for Porterfield contingancies? Product installed? stickers? or open to all TT'ers reguardless of brake pad usage?

thanks, eh

I watched all of the race group winners @ Mid-Ohio receive Hawk cerificates, and we didn't get squat. I guess we are the red-headed step child of NASA....

It is a stand-up manuever for Porterfield to step up to the plate and offer contigency.......and you can take points for using aftermarket brake pads. Does everyone that runs TT run aftermarket pads ?????? I would think that this would be a safety related improvement.

Someone ought to get with other tire manufacturers than Toyo to offer contigency.

Good job Greg, keep it up

• National Staff
What are the requirements to be eligable for Porterfield contingancies? Product installed? stickers? or open to all TT'ers reguardless of brake pad usage?

thanks, eh

Just win a podium. Porterfield would love for you to run their stickers if you desire to support them as they are supporting us--I will be. But, this is a "real" prize offering--no strings attached. Thanks again to Porterfield for leading the way. BTW, in case some of you didn't read the whole release, you can buy Hawk pads (as well as Raybestos and Performance Friction) from Porterfield with your certificates.

Grassroots Motorsports just got their press release out--$100 for each class winner--just run two of their stickers that you can get when you register at their booth at the event. That makes six programs that TT can partake in. I'm still trying to close the deal on the big one.

• National Staff

It would appear that the Hawk wording would preclude one from running the Porterfield decals because Porterfield does manufacture their own pads. However, Porterfield is also a Hawk distributor, and we get a great discount on Hawk pads from Porterfield. So, I'm not really sure how Hawk would look at that.