New, which class??

fomoco

First off Id like to say hello as a new NASA member.

Second I want to race HPDE at infenion on the 9 or 10th but classes 1 and 2 are full. I called my nasa region and talked to them about going straight to 3 and he said its ok if I feel comfortable with it. Mostly because I just compleated the Skip Barber racing school and am qualified to get my road racing lisence.

Do you guys think I would be ok with doing a HPDE-3 as my first event??

Considering I did a racing class at infinion (1 day and memorized the track) and skip barber ( 3 day, it was at laguna seca) by the last day we had open lapping with open passing going all out in formula dodge cars.

Ill be driving a stock Integra Type-R.

thanks!

Just a word of warning...don't put the words "race" and "HPDE" in the same sentence.

I started off in group 3 for similar reasons. I had done several open track events before in addition to Panoz's school, but I was new to the track. I was definitely outpaced by a good margin, but I just kept a close eye on my mirrors and stayed out of the way as best I could. If you have already been to the track, my guess is you'd be okay.