Available Championship Prize/Contingency Programs for TT '06

Greg G.

• National Staff

RICHMOND, CA, July 21, 2006 - The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce that Nitto Tire North America will provide a total of 32 Nitto NT01 tires, valued at up to $9000, to the top finishers in NASA Time Trial competition at the inaugural NASA Championship event at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on Sept 14th-17th, 2006.

Nitto Staff Engineer and promoter of this prize sponsorship, John Wu said, “We are excited to offer our newest D.O.T-Approved Competition Radial tires, the NT01, to the Inaugural NASA National Time Trial Champions. We have been following the regional NASA TT events, and have seen some amazing driving and lap times. We realized that the winners of the Championship event will be some of the finest drivers in the country, and we are confident that they will be pleased with the performance of the NT01’s they receive as prizes.â€

Edited by Guest

• National Staff
Will all sponsor/contigency decals be at the nationals Greg?

Or do we need to try and get all this together before hand?

That info was in the e-mail I sent today--did you not get it? As far as I know, the only decals that you can get at the track are the GRM and Hawk decals. You order the Solo Performance decals on-line with the link above. I am waiting to hear from Argent Labs about their procedure, but I sent them an e-mail through their contact page with my address.

• National Staff

Hankook Tire America Corp. and Hankook Motorsports have provided a 2006 contingency award program that NASA Performance Touring racers are eligible to partake in, and they have now opened it up to NASA TT drivers at the NASA Championships. All awards are Hankook certificates, which are redeemable towards the purchase of Hankook Ventus race tires from any official Hankook Motorsports dealer. Eligibility requirements for awards include submitting a completed waiver and promotional release form, competing on Hankook Ventus tires in all four (4) wheel positions and displaying official Hankook decals. Payouts require a minimum of four (4) starters per class, with much higher payouts for five (5) or more starters. The payout schedule is as follows based on finishing position in class:

4 starters

1st $H 80

2nd $H 40

5 or more starters

1st $H 150

2nd $H 80

3rd $H 40

As well, the following alternative payout schedule may be used, based on the finishing position of all drivers on Hankook tires in the class:

4 starters

1st $H 40

2nd $H 20

5 or more starters

1st $H 75

2nd $H 40

3rd $H 20

Up to three awards can be paid out per event regardless of which of the above categories is used.

Hankook Tire America Corp. and Hankook Motorsports have provided a 2006 contingency award program that NASA Performance Touring racers are eligible to partake in, and they have now opened it up to NASA TT drivers at the NASA Championships.

Please thank Hankook for this generous offer, I really do appreciate it and all the other contingency offers extended to Time Trials.

One thing however - please let them know not to be discouraged if alot of drivers don't take advantage of this. At this point I'm sure most drivers already have their tires purchased, I know I got mine last week (went Kumho but had considered the Hankook slick-style rcomp).

I hope to see this offer in place again next year and hopefully announced earlier. If so - I'm sure the participation will be much higher!

Thanks again for all of your hard work setting up these contingencies, it really is appreciated!

- Mark

• 1 month later...