Guess who won the first ever TT championships??

Shawn M.

• National Staff

Here are my guesses:

Edward Hessel TTR

Jon Krolewicz TTU

Pat Lindsey TTA

David Spencer TTB

Greg Greenbaum TTC

Allen Skillicorn TTD

Bill Brees TTE

D@n Gardner TTF

Here are my guesses:

Edward Hessel TTR

Jon Krolewicz TTU

Pat Lindsey TTA

David Spencer TTB

Greg Greenbaum TTC

Allen Skillicorn TTD

Bill Brees TTE

D@n Gardner TTF

Congrats to everyone, now my west coast guys do it again today

EDIT: there is no today

• Members
My butt was totally kicked! And the only thing I broke was a couple of front rotors. SCAREY!

I have a few pics and will post soon.

thanks

d

OUCH!!

One of my memorable sights was seeing you with your arm out the window in the grid showing "3 to go" while your power window rolled up on your arm! Nice save!

I laughed for about 2 laps!

Yep, it was a great event.

Greg, you did a good job keeping it all together for us and things all worked out well in the end!

Thanks for all your effort and those others of NASA who helped put this thing on.

I agree with Jody, fantastic time..

Greg, as far as suggestions on things, what is the best way to send you ideas? A thread? eMail etc.

Mine are more rules, classing and where i think the sport is headed. I think its going to get big. I don't really know where NASA wants it to go. I think there is a big decision about whether this series is going to target DOT legal prepared cars or full boat race cars, whether rules will continue all points based or begin to look at rwhp and suspension mounting points etc. like race groups. You see the money and sponsorship showing up with some of the makers and brands, its good for visibility and status of NASA, but its going to bury(my own opinion) a lot of the dudes that drive their car to work friday and to the track saturday. That may be inevitable but there are things that could be done. Also, i think now its clear that TT is not just a stepping stone for guys wanting to learn to race. Look at the racers, and the names of some of the racers that showed up. This is going to be a legit sport with purpose built cars.

Anyway, congrats to all. The camaraderie at the track was fantastic and what i have come to expect from this group of participants.

Thanks Greg (and all of the other NASA staff) for a great time! I thought everything ran well. The guys/girls running in the TT group are all great competitors and I enjoyed running with them all week. I look forward to seeing them next season.

Jamie Frauenberg

2001 M3

Those are some good points, Jesse. I was at the track saturday, and just looking over the field I can tell I'm going to have a hard time affording to be competitive next year. I'm one of those guys that drives the car to the track to run in TT, and having a dedicated race car/rig is not an option for me. Hopefully there is a place for guys like me in NASA's future, since this class is the whole reason I got involved with NASA in the first place.

The event was amazing though, I can't wait to run next year!

• Members
I was pleased to hear that everyone went through tech for post-event inspection just fine

Here's to next year, I'll be placed higher than 3rd in class then

The only thing I can complain about is, I NEVER got my beer from ANY of you.

That hurts my feelings.

Hey, does anyone have the complete TT results list broken down by class? I can't find that listed online anywhere...

Also, thanks to all for their hard work on the event!

I was pleased to hear that everyone went through tech for post-event inspection just fine

Here's to next year, I'll be placed higher than 3rd in class then

That hurts my feelings.

you never ran into me until the awards Sunday morning!

I needed that bump-draft too

• Members

you never ran into me until the awards Sunday morning!

I needed that bump-draft too

I was tryin to help ya my brutha!!

Yeah I was so busy (not busy like how Greg was busy but, different like Greg) I didnt get to meet everyone there.

For those whom I did meet, nothing but good times and even tho I was the outsider at a new track, I felt right at home! Its like my new home track!

Besides, after 2 awards and being thirsty after the race on sunday, that champagne went right too my head and beer would have really been wasted at that point me thinks....!

Thanks to all the local TT guys and staff for the best event ive ever been to in my life thus far. (and didnt win!) LOL!!

Uhhh....If I would have given you beer, I'm sure you would have just dumped it on me like the f-ing champagne.

It's a day later and I still think I have champagne in my ear. The smell kind of makes me sick; then I remember it's the sweet smell of beating a Spec Bread Van

- Mark

Hey, does anyone have the complete TT results list broken down by class? I can't find that listed online anywhere...

Also, thanks to all for their hard work on the event!

I second this request.

Does anybody have a link to a website that shows lap times for all the cars in eacn class?

JMBaggie

• Members

I second this request.

Does anybody have a link to a website that shows lap times for all the cars in eacn class?

JMBaggie

On the Nasa pro site, link is:

http://mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=166940

I would suspect Greg will have the final results posted on the TT site, ASAP!! And pictures, and a whole write up I suspect!

At the moment, he is still towing home with a stop in Phoenix to work. Id give him a couple weeks to get his wits about him.

• National Staff

Hi guys,

I'm still on the road heading home. I'll post the complete results to the TT website as soon as I can--along with photos and a write up as Shawn mentioned.

Jesse (and everyone), I would appreciate if suggestions are sent to me by e-mail. I then save them, and review them when we are in the rules revision process. I think that the Championships brought some issues to the foreground that we can address in the off-season. TTR and TTU will likely see some big changes when we develop the GPC race rules (classes between SU and PTA). I think we will start to lean a bit more toward "expecting" all/most cars to have certain mods for track purposes which will allow us to free them up as "freebies". We need to continue to try to allow for both street cars and purpose-built TT cars. If you look at our results, we had winners that drove both types of cars. And yes, I think that NASA is working on posting the results on the Championships website by class while I'm on the road.

Thanks to everyone that came out!