Motorsports Park Hastings

99cobra2881

Who's going to be there for the HPDE Sept30-Oct1? This will be my first event with NASA, looking forward to running, hope to have a good time and meet some fellow open trackers.

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony,

It was nice meeting you. I was the guy driving the Gray EVO. I know I had fun the 1 day I was able to attend. Looking forward to doing more events that are within reasonable distance from where I live.

Hey Suraj,

Ditto, good times this weekend for sure. Let me know when you and Phillip will be down to HPT, it'd be great to run with you both again. I might even have to make it up to MAM sometime next year.

The track behaved alot differently Sunday than it did Saturday with several mentioning that their best times were in the first session sunday morning after that neither could improve on their times. I don't know if it was the fact that the cars were running better in the cooler morning air or if the track just went off as the temps rose higher on Sunday, maybe a combination of both.

By the third session, I was tired out, this track puts more of a workload on a driver than any other track I've been on. Hallett keeps you busy but it flows better IMO, this track especially turns 9-12 just dont give you any kind of break between turns and the front straight is over almost before it starts. Im not being critical of the track if anything its made me go back and really consider the importance of the driver/athelete. Maybe if I had been in better shape physically I wouldn't have been tired by the end of the third session Sunday.

Overall, It's a great track and I appreciate all the hard work that George Anderson has put forth to make this track become what in my opinion will be a great racing venue in the heart of Nebraska for years to come. The track is fun, the people of Hastings are behind this track and welcome "racers" into their community. What more could you ask for?

... glad to hear that all went well, and that the township is supportive of this type of activity. So many times we hear of a proposed track that doesn't get favorable marks or an existing track under fire from an encroaching development.

I'll be sure to let you know of any local events @ MAM or MPH next year. Let me know if there are events going on @ HPT. Phillip, myself and a couple of friends might be able to make it out.

I'm sure you guys were much faster on Sunday as the weather was HOT and those AAAAARRRR compound tires stuck like noone's business ...

It sure was a great time @ MPH and George A. is a class act.