HPDE Technical Inspection Form Question

bimmerfish

I am signed up for my first NASA HPDE at Summit Point in October. I have been to quite a few BMWCCA HPDEs and have a partially gutted "track car". My question concerns an item on the Technical Inspection Form under the MISCELLANEOUS category. It says "No wires exposed". Since the entire rear of my car has been gutted (no rear seat, no door panels, etc.) I have a relatively small number of wires exposed. These wires are limited to the tail lights, brake lights and tag lights. None of these wires are bare, but they are "exposed" since the seat, trunk carpet, plastic covers, etc. are no longer there.

What, if anything do I need to do to these wires in order to comply with the Tech Form?

Thanks for the help.

Those should be fine as long as they're secured and not loose to flop around or in an area where they might get snagged on something, caught in a door, etc. I believe the intent of that item is no exposed wires hanging from under the dash or other areas where driver/instructor/passenger might get tangled or accidentally yank one out. Naturally, "bare" wires/connections anywhere would be a no-no. You could also slip some cheap plastic slit convoluted tubing over the exposed wire runs in back to eliminate any question. A little extra abrasion/cut/crush protection is a good thing, not to mention it looks more "finished".