Transponder help!

uberklasse

I need to pick one up and in trying to stay with the "frugal not cheap" theme am wondering if anyone knows of a used one I can pick up?

I am going to check racing junk and the recycler etc. Nothing on e-bay that I could find.

I got my direct from AMB.. Was $269 for the hardwire one. Nice thing is I never worry about recharging it.

You typically can rent transponders from NASA or PCA for the weekend. Not really good in the long run, but could tide you over for a an event or two.

Jason,

The AMB transponders on Ebay will work if they are the transx260 model. They come in hardwire or removeable. There was one that said SCCA and it'll work but you can buy a brand new one for that price. Another was for $150. You can find them there that's for sure.

Good luck,

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

Guys

The best place to get transponders is though PCA club racing. They are $250 for the hard wired unit (you may also be able to get the rechargable one but don't know the price). You don't have to be a club racer and I don't think you even need to be a PCA member (but not sure about this). Go to http://www.pca.org then go to club racing and go to the forms for the AMB transponder order form.