My new toy...

The Twanksta

Now I just need a cage, seats, and harnesses! I hate having to hang onto my steering wheel for my life! Stock civic seats suck!

• 3 weeks later...
Stock civic seats suck!

Ahahahha. That explains why you think the helmet is expensive. It's only like $350.

Don't skimp on safety items, or on car modifications.

Stock civic seats suck!

Ahahahha. That explains why you think the helmet is expensive. It's only like $350.

Don't skimp on safety items, or on car modifications.

what are you talking about? Who said I was skimping on safety equipment? Sorry I dont have 2 grand to throw into my car at once..

Take this with a grain of salt since I'm not anyone special, but I'm guessing you haven't had any track time since you just bought a helmet.

If it were me, I'd make sure I like open tracking before I go spend the two grand you say it'll cost you. I've run my car for two seasons of HPDE on stock seats and belts without a cage. Now, that isn't the smartest thing I've ever done as far as safety, but it was a learning experience.

Another reason I, and this is just my opinion, would hold off is that once you get signed off to HPDE2, you're solo. So, you'd only have to buy one seat/harness. That's the cheap bastard in me but only buying one setup would leave enough money for another weekend

Yes, you are correct about not having any track time. But I know for sure that Im not giving up on road course racing, and I believe that once I get enough track time and training that I can be competitive. Too bad my funds cant match up...haha!

That is a good point about the seat issue, i definately dont have the money for 2 seats and a harness. and most likely wont until after i get out of hpde1 thats for sure. 300 for a track day is pushing my budget as a college student, but Ill make every one that i possibly can!

300 for a track day is pushing my budget as a college student, but Ill make every one that i possibly can!

Your time is money...volunteer a few events = FREE event! There are tons of students doing this in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast Region.

Be creative

Dave

i have worked 4 events and driven in 2 free events due to working those 4, and i have paid for 8 events, bringing my grand total to 10. I am also a college student, but on the last leg of my college career, its been tough getting only 4 events in each year due to funds, but its been worth it completely.

once i graduate in May ill be doign as many events as i possibly can to help aid in my addiction i have had for almost 3 years, no point fighting it anymore,i must give in.

i have worked 4 events and driven in 2 free events due to working those 4, and i have paid for 8 events, bringing my grand total to 10. I am also a college student, but on the last leg of my college career, its been tough getting only 4 events in each year due to funds, but its been worth it completely.

once i graduate in May ill be doign as many events as i possibly can to help aid in my addiction i have had for almost 3 years, no point fighting it anymore,i must give in.

That sounds like a good idea, Ill have to see if I can do some work like that to get a couple free ones. Is there any special experience neccessary to work?

Basically you have to be willing to get to the track at 5:30 and work all day/help setup or cleanup...basically a step above a slave (only bc you get free track time). It is fun though, because you get to know the organizers and it has a family-like atmosphere.

Good luck

Dave

Dave, what is process for working events? New to NASA so might want to look into that. Im from W-S originally. Might hook up sometime at an event and see who we dont know. Dont want thread to wander too far but did want to ask that question.