coilover clarification please...

smack_evo

since the rules about shocks are a bit confusing(at least to me) can

i get a firm answer on where a set of ohlin road/track single adjustable

coilovers fall points wise. they are steel body if that info helps at all. i did

some searches and it seemed like that was part of the equation.

thanks,

sean

since the rules about shocks are a bit confusing(at least to me) can

i get a firm answer on where a set of ohlin road/track single adjustable

coilovers fall points wise. they are steel body if that info helps at all. i did

some searches and it seemed like that was part of the equation.

thanks,

sean

Hey Sean! They should fall under the 7 point category. Hope to see you out on the track soon!

thanks for the info guys.

gac mentioned nitrogen filled, is that one of the things that can bump them?

i thought all the ohlins used nitrogen. just trying to cover all my bases and avoid any suprises down the road.

hi pat, i'm hoping to get out there soon. just trying to get the new car sorted out. the 6-speed boxes in the evo's are totally unreliable. 3rd-4th syncro warped 20 minutes into my first session ever on the car. not too confidence inspiring. so i need to at least get a cooler on it.

i'm still pissed i bought an mr model. +7 over the standard model for some bilstein shocks that i'm replacing and a crappy tranny. the whole rest of the car is exactly the same. i definitely could have used those points.

oh well, live and learn

i'm still pissed i bought an mr model. +7 over the standard model for some bilstein shocks that i'm replacing and a crappy tranny. the whole rest of the car is exactly the same. i definitely could have used those points.

oh well, live and learn

There is a similar problem with the Neon ACR vs. the base Neon. The ACR package was nothing more than a shock, strut, swaybar package, most of which would likely be changed for PT competition.

I proposed a solution to Greg along the following lines: The ACR would be classed the same as any other car, but would have mandatory points added for shocks, struts, and swaybars. It seems that the same approach could be taken with other makes, thereby eliminating any advantage to starting with a base class model.

• National Staff

Actually, the Special Circumstances section of the TT Rules have taken this into account already. However, there is not a similar rule in PT.

However, those of you with specialty models that want to use this rule need to remember to look at ALL of the differences between your model and the base model, including "little aero differences, etc."

However, those of you with specialty models that want to use this rule need to remember to look at ALL of the differences between your model and the base model, including "little aero differences, etc."

The Mitsubishi Evolution MR and RS models also have diffences in weights from aluminum roofs and bonnets that other models of Evolutions do not have and lighter weight.

Mr. Fujiwara

The Mitsubishi Evolution MR and RS models also have diffences in weights from aluminum roofs and bonnets that other models of Evolutions do not have and lighter weight.

Mr. Fujiwara

i was only comparing the mr to the standard model.

the standard gsr model is now available in a special edition trim package that comes with the aluminium roof and xenon lights. the hood(bonnet) and trunk(boot) are all of the same materials on the us models.

i do agree that the rs a different car. main thing being less weight, but you have to give up abs braking for it.

Mr. Fujiwara

the standard gsr model is now available in a special edition trim package that comes with the aluminium roof and xenon lights. the hood(bonnet) and trunk(boot) are all of the same materials on the us models.

i do agree that the rs a different car. main thing being less weight, but you have to give up abs braking for it.

The MR has the vortex generators as well stock.

Mr. Fujiwara

The MR has the vortex generators as well stock.

lol, for the .06% less lift they got(based on mitsu's white paper on it) i think i'd pull it