Standing Starts

tacovini

Have all the other AI regions been able to maintain near 100% standing starts???

If not, what % of your races were standing starts in 2003??

-=- Todd

AI West did a few standing starts.

Here's a hint though, do not decide to have a standing start at the same time that you decide to invert the field.

Here's a hint though, do not decide to have a standing start at the same time that you decide to invert the field.

HA! Good suggestion. We did this at indoor 200cc Go-Kart track event with my AGS series. We broke karts.

Mark

But those starts are the most fun to watch!

It reminds me of the Driving Concepts Race School at Willow... we did practice starts and had all the Sentras on the pole and the Mustangs in back.

OH/IN did no standing starts last year. Why would you want to do a standing start?

Oh man, Standing starts are lots of excitement - especially for the spectators. It goes from quiet to *really* loud in an instant. It also keeps the field bunched up a little longer since you don't have flyers and laggards.

NASA-=VA used to do them, but the schedule prevented it last year. Hopefully we'll return to doing more!

OH/IN did no standing starts last year. Why would you want to do a standing start?

Standing starts are awesome to do. Gridding is critical, as well as proper flagging and a clear understanding of the process by all the participating drivers.

Standing starts @ MSR are easily do-able, but not so at TWS ( heavily banked front straight ). We hope to do more this season, as they really are incredible.

I am a fan of standing starts myself..... Our next Mid West AI/AIX event at Mid Ohio will be a standing start and should be pretty exciting.

What are you bitchin about Wilson...? With your motor package a standing start will allow you get some good track position right out of the gate...god knows you will pass everyone but Dean ! Heard you boys had a nice run at Nashville, congrats. Don't you and I have some unfinished business to settle at Mid Ohio.....? Brush up on that standing start !

E Fisher #12

AI Mid West

Elliott,

I believe we do have some unfinished business at MO as you still owe me a beer!

Get that little coupe together and we'll see you there! We have some great new competition this year that will make winning much more difficult It should be a great year!

I personally see standing starts a very very hard on equipment and extremely risky. There is too much opportunity for carnage for my liking.

I'll do it if I have to but I won't like it.

Elliot, this time I will be in a legal AI car so we'll be on an even playing field ......and I expect you to give mark that beer so that I can have it

I stand corrected.... the standing start will be for the August Mid Ohio event. Sorry for the bad info.

I will bring the beer

E Fisher #12

AI Mid West