New to the series

aftermidnight

Hey guys and gals, I'm Patrick Mead and I just wanted to tell you all how excited I am to be coming to the series late this season. I will be running a bright white 89 Camaro in the Ohio/Indiana chapter. I came from Quarter Midgets as a kid, then played around in some oval track venues, then started crewing for some teams including Ray Mason and his awesome BMW, and also crewing for Mike Baughman Motorsport in the Grand-Am series. I have worked really hard to make it to where I am and I am honored to get the opportunity to run with such great drivers and teams as yourselves. I plan on trying to make the Nashville race as a spectator because my car is almost done. If anyone needs a hand for the Mid-Ohio race in April, Please let me know if I can help you out in any way possible. Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!!! Thank you, Patrick Mead

Patrick - I'm new to the series as well. I'll be at Nashville getting my comp license and running the AI races. Drop by my gararge and say "hi". Here are some pics of my new baby:

http://community.webshots.com/album/99139056uKfrSV

...come to think of it, I found my car on this website.

It's good to see more f-bodies coming out to play! See you next weekend.

Patrick,

More F-Bodies!!!! Not only are we going to have the largest fields this year but it looks like we are also going to have the most diverse! VERY COOL!

Make sure you stop by at Nashville and say hi. Make sure you stick around Saturday night for the BBQ so we all get to meet you!

i'll definantely try to be there, and i'll try to bring some nice weather too. hehe. nice to meet some of you. thanks, Patrick

by the way, any pointers on coming into the series? things to know about camaros, problems, good things, bad things, or anything in general? thanks, Patrick Mead

by the way, any pointers on coming into the series? things to know about camaros, problems, good things, bad things, or anything in general? thanks, Patrick Mead

Geez, there have been so few of us that I'm not sure that there is a large body of knowledge out there beyond the west coast guys.

A 4-th gen generalization is that you will never be able to be as light as a Mustang and (from what it can tell) is is basically impossible for a 4th gen to get to the minimum weight for the series... Every mod should be based on this assumption... That is my underlying assumption.

The best resource for road racing info for f-bodies is here:

http://mtfba.org/rrforum/

Think of it as Corner Carvers without the attitude...

• 5 weeks later...

Another new guy.

I just bought a 94 camaro z28 and I have been looking around for modification information. I went up to Mid Ohio yesterday and WOW!!! I am hooked!!!

I had previously built a few mean high hp hondas that were street/drag. (Oh and no rice - just high rpm speed.) I just sold my latest and bought the above mentioned z28. Its completely unmolested but that will change soon. I am a former USMC and currently a senior in college. Unfortunately money is tight but I always find money for my cars.

I am hoping to find some some other 4th gen f-bodies to build some knowledge on how to propperly build this car in coordination with the rules of this series.

If anybody wants to contact me to talk feel free to email me.

[email protected]

dang!!!

I hung around the garage area for awhi;e but I only saw limited f-bodies and even less people around them. I spent some time around a white 4gen camaro that was sitting out but I couldnt find the owner!?!

I am going to the either the Putnam or the Beaverun races.

I will have to set up a place or time or something that we can meet up if you are going to be there.

Keith = KeithO

I didnt see your car!!!! Definately would like to get with you on starting my set up! I keep seeing too many Mustangs in the AI/X forums!

Keith=KeithO, yes.

Here's a link to pics of my car for future reference:

http://community.webshots.com/album/99139056uKfrSV

I was way back in the paddock near the autocross setup since I got to the track late Friday. That made my car hard to find in the paddock.

I can't make Putnum Park (don't ask) but I will be at both NASA Beaver Run events, plus any/all of the Beaver Run track dates that fall on a weekend (it's my home track).

yeah, mid-ohio was cold.(burrrrrr) i was up there yesterday for the enduro. i was kinda sad to see the low turn out of f-bodies there(at least on sunday) i just wish my car was finished, but finding a decent t-56 around columbus is such a pain. anywho, i look forward to putnam here in a few weeks. see ya

What's wrong with us Mustangers?? Regardless of what you drive you are welcome by all of us. Believe it or not we all get along.

Hope to see you at the next event!

What's wrong with us Mustangers?? Regardless of what you drive you are welcome by all of us. Believe it or not we all get along.

Hope to see you at the next event!

We're just scared of you guys.

The only issue we had was that the car wasn't fast enough to capture first place!!!

Then again that could be a driver issue

Tone didn't win.

I just wanted to establish that first...

Who won?

Now your getting the hang of it!!!

Greg Brown won both the Saturday and Sunday races. He really did a great job and should be congratulated.

Patrick-

Welcome to OH/IN AI/X! It is nice to have some brand-X across-town competition!

Do you still work with MBR? Are you going to be at PIR? I'm crew chief for Rehagen Racing. If you're at PIR, stop by and say hi.

Scott Whitehead

i hope i can crew for mbr again this year at the mid ohio road racing classic. mbr is a great group of people to work with and i enjoyed myself a lot last year. i would love to be at pir, but my work has tied down pretty well right now. nice to meet you likewise

Tone didn't win.

I just wanted to establish that first...

Who won?

Now your getting the hang of it!!!

Greg Brown won both the Saturday and Sunday races. He really did a great job and should be congratulated.

I did not win. I was hampered (like Mark was) with a less than working rear differential. We were also down about 20hp from where we should be. Greg was very fast on Sunday and I simply could not catch him. I'll have to pull out all the tricks at Putnam.

BT