GPC Levels

TexaST-1

I have been pondering the 3 Levels for GPC. My thought are for 3.

GPC -1 would be equal to T1. There are numerous car already built and would also be a great starting point for new build since in theory they aren't very far from stock.

GPC-2 would be for more advanced preparation and a ready made place for the new Super Touring for the 07 season with a National Championship Race eligibility. A Little more HP/TQ brakes and other goods for built up T1 cars.

GPC-X would be for cars that are built beyond 2, are on true slicks, have no certified dyno sheet and the real place where WCGT cars would be.

Maybe someone to show up and Thomas Glenn a race?

Thoughts?

For those of you new to the GPC concept, it is based in "Factory Super Car" efforts. Like Vettes, Vipers, Porsche, BMW M's Ferraris and so on.

Sounds very good. I agree that we need three classes. It's the same concept that makes CMC, AI, AIX work so well. It's proven to work.

Are you involved with the class progression Kevin? I hope so. You've been around long enough to have a good handle on this matter. I am still a little worried...I really think Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance...I would have liked NASA to have a Version 1.0 out earlier so some of us could go through it and give some guidance.

Plus, I would really like to have the class director be racing in our class! Nothing personal....just my opinion.

Brady

Kevin, You are killin me! It just looks like a WC car. My two cents are:

Other than the driver the things that influence racing performance the most.

1. Tires

2. Power

3. Weight

If you make three classes I would have some limits on each one. Let the big wallets run in Super Unlimited.

Top Class = slicks & 1:6 power to weight

Mid Class = DOT's & 1:7

Other = DOT & 1:8

Or something along those lines. I think it would be much easier to regulate with multiple manufacturers.

are those wts. with or without the driver???

and I assume the power is rwhp!?

that being said ,my cars w/driver:

T1 372rwhp/3280=.1134

SPO 550rwhp/3225=.170

so the T1 car falls easily in the parameters and the SPO car needs alittle weight. So how do we check this at the track?? Will they accept dyno sheets from shops not at the track???

Yes, I would do weights with the driver and rwhp.

I ratios I listed may need some adjustment.

I know NASA uses dyno sheets/checks on some of the classes. How do they do it there?

I like trglens idea. If the GPC 3 class ends up being basically T1 cars then does that mean that a C4 can't run aftermarket springs?? Sorry, I'm new and not real familiar with the T1 stuff.

Thomas, I was more or less pointing out I had nothing for you at the Championship. But since you brought it up, how much time do you feel your slicks were worth?

Yes, it will be with driver.

Bob your math is backwards, 3280/372=8.817, 3225/550=5.863.

T1 C5s would be able to make close to 395hp for GPC-1.

RWHP/TQ Dyno sheets just need to be from a NASA approved shop. We shoud use something very similar to CMC and AI. Look on line at their rules set and I think their is a premade sheet for this. I know I have had to be a witness on several of these dynos.

I think the C4 will be allowed more upgrades as were previously allowed in VVC-1.

Kevin, Slicks are awful. I recommend you don't use them! Seriously, 1-3 seconds if the car is set up for them. Having said that, some of the WC guys I run with have got their cars so dialed in on the Toyo's they don't think the slicks are really any better. I do know if I am running a race of more than 30min I prefer the DOT's.

Kevin..

Thomas said power to weight ratio. Either way its the same,,just inverted.

Anyway..NASA SE has it's first race in February. Do you think the new class will be up and running by then??? And will the SE and National adopt it?? Will VVC be dead??(god I hope so!!!)

I wasn'r going to enter my two cents but I can't keep my computer shut.I agree with the power to weight ratio. Im running 306 Hp and with my fat a-- in the car it tops off at 3150 lbs. Things like non factory steering columns should be allowed without bumping the car to a unlimited class. I wouldn't expect a steering column to knock off seconds on a track. Also moving the battery around should be allowed.

• 3 weeks later...