What's a coilover? And other questions...

slowoldpoop

I run a 90 Eclipse GSX AWD in TTB. Got a few questions about points.

1. It has Koni adjustable replacement struts and Ground Control springs with adjustable collars. Is this considered a "coilover conversion" suspension? Nothing was "converted" from the standard suspension. Is this worth 5 or 7 points?

2. Therear seat, carpet, headliner and plastic panels were removed to install a roll cage. Do I have to take "weight removal" points for removing that stuff? That roll cage weighs a ton more than the stuff that came out.

3. Does adding a small lip (I forget what you call it) to the stock rear wing consitute a modification? Or does the rule just apply to putting a giant wing on in place of the little bitty stock wing? The Eclipse just has a little bitty wing (more like a fender extension than a wing)

4. Have the rules/points etc. been finalized for 2007 yet?

Thanks for your help.

(Hope this question is in the right place this time)

Rich

1. 7pts. Being able to adjust dampening, and ride heights = coilover conversion.

2. I know the cage weighs more, but you should trim around the cage or take the pts.

3. I believe even lip spoilers counted in '06. Maybe for '07 lip spoilers will be differentiated from sprint car wings. My advise if the rule stays the same, take the pts, or take it off.

4. No yet. Greg said some time in Nov. For little things, just post here.

2. I know the cage weighs more, but you should trim around the cage or take the pts.
Or use the "alternate weight" method and maybe conserve some weight reduction points to use somewhere else...

• National Staff

Allen and Dave have pretty much covered this one--working hard to try to keep with the 11-30-06 release date goal.