New engine build

peerless

Hello there. I wanted to start running HPDE in my 85 BMW 325e 4 door this year, but due to a bad piston banging around I havent wanted to take it to Willow Springs and risk blowing it up. Although in retrospec I probably drive it harder on the streets everyday then at I would at the track for HPDE 1-2.

Anyways, I have finally been making some progress on getting a new engine rebuilt so that I can start this next season. My end goal is to make the car into a competitive GTS car. With that said let me know what you think of this new bad boy I am building.

Basically its a 2.7L thats been bored 1mm/.040" overbore. I am running 9.5:1CR forged pistons. The crank and rods have been remachined back to factroy tolerances including Nitride heat treating and the whole rotating assembly precision balanced. The block has been line bored and honed as well as the cylinders also being reworked.

I had a few setbacks on the initial build. I had to replace the main thrust bearing becuase I initially damaged it, I also managed to crack the #6 cyl compression ring upon installation. The idea of the build was for strength, which from the pictures you will see I think I did a good job.

studded.jpg

hone.jpg

crank.jpg

piston.jpg

If you have question on specs or anything else just let me know. I am biting at the bit to get this car off the street and on the track!