NASA-AZ @ Arroyo Seco, March 27-28. Who's making the trip?

travis

Erik Woods twisted my arm a little (very little) and I guess I'm going to be making the trip after all. This event sounds like a blast. Who all is going to make it?

Register here: https://www.nasaproracing.com/...d=119

Track info here: http://www.arroyosecoraceway.com/

This will be my first time to this track. Any pointers for those who have driven it before?

I just got the OK from work that I can have those 3 days off so I'm in fo shizzle.

When are you heading over Trav? I would still like to caravan.

I'm told it's about 3.5 hours from Tucson and I imagine I won't be able to make it in much less time while towing. I was thinking of leaving sometime around Friday afternoon to get us there in time for dinner Friday night. My house is about 10-15 minutes from I-10 on the way out of Tucson toward NM so we could meet here if you guys want. Or we could pick an exit and meet there. Doesn't matter to me.

Well let's see if anyone else subscribes to this thread wanting to join us. I know Danny will go, prbably Erik and maybe Boles and Tyler too. We'll see what they'd rather do.

At least we aren't forced to leave Phoenix at 5am like I always have to do to autox in Tucson. It should be a nice relaxing drive. I'm actually looking forward to it

Yes, I find I MUCH prefer to drive up the day before. I'm not a morning person at all. I know Erik will make the trip because he and I are sharing a room, but I don't know when he'll be able to get off work on Friday.

Anyone else?

Travis,

Mike and I will be heading over to AS Fri afternoon. It should be a fun weekend being that... it is new track for most of us.

Paul

#51 H2 ITR

I will be there assuming I get my engine re-built in the next couple weeks. I'm up for caravaning up aswell.. Mark and I will need you trailer savy guys to keep us company while driving or race kaas there!!!

Mark and I will need you trailer savy guys to keep us company while driving or race kaas there!!!

Great, so I have to listen to your damn car the whole drive? That's why I bought a trailer in the first place

So you think you'll get your motor fixed in time? Are you just redoing the head gasket, or is there more to it that you're doing?

Anyone else going to make it?

So you think you'll get your motor fixed in time? Are you just redoing the head gasket, or is there more to it that you're doing?

Anyone else going to make it?

Yeah, I should have it all done after this week. **fingers crossed** Only the headgasket though. -Danny whos pockets have been running dry lately..

Yeah, I should have it all done after this week. **fingers crossed** Only the headgasket though. -Danny whos pockets have been running dry lately..

Glad to hear it. Since I'll finally be back in H4 (the tires are ready) I would hate to be alone.

-travis, who's pockets are full of the bank's money, and I think they want me to pay it back at some point

update:

good news: finally got rid of that ugly power sterring pump. Installed oil coller because of my crazy over heating problems (I will now be the coldest H4 car EVER). Finally pulled my head.

bad news: blown head gasket (as suspected), 6 intake valves and 6 exhaust valves leaking .

=Danny who is thanking god that he just looked in his bank account and got his tax return today.

Do you think you'll have it together in time for New Mexico?

-travis, who also looked at his bank account, but then remembered he isn't getting a tax return...

I'm in. My first post to the NASAfourms board. I'm going to be meeting up with my parents and using my dads Tahoe for the rest of the drive to NM. I bet it will be a better tow rig than the Jeep. I have Friday off work so I'll be ready to leave town anytime. What time are we all going to hit the road?

So, what's up with the room situation? I know Travis and I were going to bunk up but who has the keys and official list?

See you all in a few days.

Erik

All of us Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler guys should meet at the entrance to Firebird at about noon and meet you Tucson guys at SIR at about 2pm.

That would put us in NM at about 5pm or so- time enough to get checked in, get some dinner and relax for Sat.

What do you guys think?

I'm happy to meet at SIR. That's right by my house (sort of) and on the way out of town toward New Mexico. You want to meet at SIR at 2:00 pm?