Toyo Tire Pressures for F-body?

Keith

I will be running my car on a track for the first time next weekend at Nashville. I have no experience with this car, this track, nor these tires. Suspension Mods:

GC Coilovers with 850lb front springs

225lb rear springs

Koni DA's all around

Stock swaybars (or so it appears)

Full compliment of Spohn pieces on rear (LCA, Panhard Bar, etc)

Unknown alignment but would guess more than -2 camber, more than +4.5 caster and likely zero toe.

The tires are 275/40 17's

What sort of pressure should I use as a starting point? In a vaccuum, I planned on cold pressures of 35 front, 32 rear. ...in autocross, I was always lower than many people... With 245/45 16 Victoracers, I was typically at 30f/27r, but the car didn't have many mods.

Which tire are you using?

Track time is a lot different with pressures than street or auto-x. I'd think you'd want to be around the 35 number when they're HOT. So, depending on what the weather's like, etc, it could get crazy if you start that high.

So, not knowing what the weather will be, nor what kind of tire, I'd suggest starting at 29-30, and check them immediately after the first session to see how much they went up - then adjust from there...

I am running the RA-1's. So, if I am looking for 35 hot, then I would probably start about 32/32 and adjust from there after a practice session. Thanks.

Keith, I ran the RA1s at CA Speedway this weeekend. 32 was way too high (I tried it in practice). I ended up starting with 27F and 26R...

Wow, that is pretty low. I assume that the bead and sidewall strength is pretty good on these tires. Thanks for the input. I'll report what happens.