Any Alignment limitations up front...camber plates needed?

Steve Rea

OK, the ball is rolling and the car's on track (no pun intended) to get running soon.

At first, I'm shooting to reach minimum weight if possible, getting fresh, shaved tires, good brake pads and then hitting the track. After focussing on driver skill and seeing where I stack up against the rest of you guys, it's time for the suspension. So...

With good tires, and this set-up, I'm thinking my most important performance mod will be my alignment, which I will want to really dial in, through track trial and error. I've heard of guys running -3.5camber up front and -2.5 in rear. I'm just looking for a ballpark starting point, and want to know if with the stock set-up I will be able to reach optimum settings?

What are the negative camber/alignment limitations of a stock 85 944?

If the camber plates allow more negative camber up front, in addition to trackside adjustment possibilities, what about the rear?

Thanks a lot,

Steve

Sure did. It's at the cage shop now, with my mechanic ready and waiting to help me get it running.

I think I'll go ahead then, and get the GC camber plates.

Thanks guys.

s

Timmy Timmy Timmy. You say that now, you wont say that when I beat your track records and beat you to the checkered flag!

Remember, 1 second at Willow Springs raceway, not hard to make it. Especially with 150#'s less weight, another 2 degrees neg camber, shorter 5th gear. I'd say there is a second in that my friend, DOH!!!

You may as well start calling me Track Record P.Dilly.

Hey, maybe I will go with some bling bling on my car to go with the P.Dilly nick name? Do you think a disco ball of the mirror would be distracting?

P.Dilly.

Thanks Tim. If the dicing back and forth is at all similar to some of these threads, should be a blast.

Where is the best/least expensive place for the GC camber plates? To simply ask for one that will fit my year 944 is fine, without any funky different types?

Thanks

s

Tim set-up a deal with Paragon Products for complete spec suspension.

I got my parts from there long before Tim did the deal. Paragon is probably the top 944 main order parts house in the county. Great prices and excellent service.

That's very good to know. Thanks a lot Joe.

I'll check them out.

s

off to give the final specs for the cage today, so it's getting there...