NASA APPROVED ROLL BAR FOR THE 06-07 MX-5

bagman1

This is the only HPDE approved roll bar for the NC MX-5 available that I know of. It is 1.5in x .120 and uses all the existing mount points so no drilling. Comes with a AL cap to cover the exposed interior bits. If anybody is interested here is a link.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=4010&siteid=214264&categoryID=87407

JMBaggie

who says it is approved?

I guess you mean it's the only off-the-shelf bolt-in bar - because any cage builder could also build a compliant one.

bruce

This is the only HPDE approved roll bar for the NC MX-5 available that I know of. It is 1.5in x .120 and uses all the existing mount points so no drilling. Comes with a AL cap to cover the exposed interior bits. If anybody is interested here is a link.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=4010&siteid=214264&categoryID=87407

JMBaggie

who says it is approved?

I guess you mean it's the only off-the-shelf bolt-in bar - because any cage builder could also build a compliant one.

bruce

NASA home office is who says that it is approved.

Yes you are right any cage builed can build one, how many have you seen available for sale that have gone through NASA approval?

Yes a bar design does need to be approved by either NASA national or your local NASA Tech chief, doesn't matter who builds it. Now what I have found out by looking into this is that NASA does recognize a roll bar certifications from other recognized sanctioning bodies on pre existing roll bars, but all new bars must meet their criteria. While anybody with a pipe bender and a welder can create a roll bar or cage it still must be approved by the local Tech Chief, and even then the item in question is only legal in the region that he presides in. To be able use the item in question it must be approved by the home office first and then they will contact the local regions to let them know, then it is still left up to that region to wether or not the item in question is allowed in there region.

If I am wrong or unclear on any of this somebody please correct me, but I think I got it right.

So to answer your question:

No I mean it is the only NASA nationally approved roll bar available for the 2006 and up soft top MX-5 for use in HPDE and TT. So until another company designs,builds and applies with NASA home office this statement holds true.

Happy Thanksgiving