Calling all H5 cars!

mikeski38

GOTO racing's H5 crx is getting very bored being the only one in H5. We are considering no longer running in H5 if the is no new competition.

Eligible H5 cars inlcude almost all 1.5 liter models (exc. 1.5 del sol), 1.6 liter non-vtech civics, and all other unclassified hondas. See http://www.hondachallenge.com for official classifications.

These cars are fun and VERY cheap to drive. Our min weights and HP's are lower making tires, brakes and shocks last longer. Our H4 integra uses twice the tires and brakes of our H5 CRX. We only run about 1-3 seconds slower then H4, and it is not uncommon for an H5 car to finish ahead of an H4 car. Last season we had 3 cars, this season it is only us.

If there is anyone out there preparing an H5 car, let us know so when you are ready to run, we will make sure you have a car to run against.

Mike Lock, GOTO:Racing

#6 H5 CRX

I don't get the lack H5 cars either. We only have a couple here on the east coast yet there have been no shortage of front running H5 cars for sale in the $5000 range recently.

I guess every1 wants to max out their VISA by building that pimpi H1 car. I don't get it.

How many H5 cars are there down in so cal?

Metric Motorsports.....you told me you were building a first gen CRX for the 25 this year. Why not shake it down in H5?

Mike Lock, GOTO:Racing

#6 H5 CRX

Do you guys out on the EC do anything special to attract H5 cars or do they just show up?

How do your H5 cars stack up against the ECHC H4 cars?

-mike

Do you guys out on the EC do anything special to attract H5 cars or do they just show up?

When I hear about a built racecar for sale (especially 1st gen. CRX or 3rd gen. Civic) I spend the word to enthusiasts around the general area.

I also talk up Honda Challenge on http://www.redpepperracing.com and try to convince others in the Competition forum to join us.

I have even encouraged people to buy Doodson's car (it is on your coast) to come join us, collectively. I believe it is still for sale, in B.C.

How do your H5 cars stack up against the ECHC H4 cars?

-mike

Well, I can keep some of the H4 cars "in my sights", but can't catch them. However, Jedd Fahnestock (who has raced with us a few times) has managed to embarass a couple of H3 guys. He drives a silver '87 that his dad bought new, and raced it in Showroom Stock.

Keith