944-spec Series Sponsor decals

Tim Comeau

I think windshield should be the shops place. My shop has done a ton for me and I pimp them every chance I get. I am probably more open to stuff than some of the guys as I don't really care much about the stickers as long as there is something in it for the group as a whole. TOYO gives alot and only asks for the 4 little stickers. I think the consomables would be a great help. Maybe not oil as you can get it most anywhere and avoid shipping but brake pads, disc's, brake fluid, belts, bearings. I even like the use of coupons if that helps. Work something out with Timmy and I'm sure you'll get a good idea. Plus some of us run with the POC so you'll get seen there too!! Even those pesky 911's need stuff to buy too.

Eric

Skip...

Details on need to be worked out. I the example I threw up assumed gift cert dollars at that sponsor, not real dollars. I honestly have no idea if that is fair trade for that level of sponsorship. Not really sure.

Window banners are a pretty prominent spot. Right now I just used the "944-spec.com" banner I got from day one. Since I don't have a shop I don't mind replacing that with a series sponsor. I do know that other want their shop in that spot. So I think we need to figure a good spot on the cars.

Who has some ideas?

I'll start...

Header Panel just below Porsche crest. Size = Full space between head light covers.

I currently put my toyo tires there, but can move it.

I really don't want a logo on the header panel.

I would prefer to have it somewhere else on the hood, not across my racing stripes. Hey what about a windshield banner!

I feel that the top of the windshield is THE MOST valuable spot on the car. That's why, in the SoCal Group, I pushed having the shops put their name there. I wanted the shops to take pride in the cars and their preparation so that the Series as a whole would be elevated in status, thus attracting more racers. Once the series got going i would find a title sponsor to go there.

I was looking at some of my Porsche Turbo Cup (951's) posters yesterday as they were going on the ebay auction block (being unemployed sucks!) and I took another close look at the decals. All the cars had Blaupunkt across the windshield. They also had Shell across the header under the crest, and Dunlop right below that. Bosch, Dunlop, and Bilstein were on ALL the front lower fenders. Uniformity was apparent and it looked great. Anyway, I cut and stacked our TOYO TIRES decals on the pass. side headlight cover in order to keep the header panel open, which is where I had originally planned on having the PARAGON PRODUCTS decal.

I, too, would like to keep my shop, BLACK FOREST on the windshield for the rest of 2004. I'm pretty much open to anything else. The base of the windshield is another spot where short text, white vinyl would work, though not so well for pics.

I'd like to get all the drivers to put the SSF decals over the quarter windows. That fits perfectly. We're just waiting for white ones.