California Festival of Speed! March 26th-28th.

Tim Comeau

Joe:

There are a litany of reasons for me wanting to get my POC license. For starters, as I have mentioned on an off of this forum, I am very unhappy with the size of the run groups, (in total, not 944's) and the limited track time I have been receiving with NASA. I am sorry if it sounds selfish, but I am making the time and finacial commitment and, therefore I am inclined to do what is best for me, my safety, and most importantly, my track time. I do not think I am alone in this.

I use the POC/NASA to schedule my events. As Joe said I cannot attend all of either sanctioning body. I also don't see the need for myself to run for the championship as I am still a few seconds off the front runners. I just want good clean racing with a bunch of great guys and fit it the best I can into my budget/family commitments. And before any of you single guys say anything about my wife you need to realize there are more important things in life than racing. I am blessed with a great wife and family plus am able to go have some fun too!

As for that the POC will welcome NASA lic driver to the clinic in April and all it will do is add more events/venues to your schedule. It shouldn't stop you from winning the NASA title. Plus on the bright side no MIATA's!!!

Eric

Guys,

My concern is spliting the group and reducing car counts for everyone. I can tell you from experience that it is not fun.

Eric, You say that you cannot compete for points in NASA because you are too slow. That is crap. When Paul started the 2003 season he was slow, but he improved during the year and had alot of consistant high finishes, by mid year he was at the top of the points and getting top finishes each race. He was strong and due to his running alot of races made up for being slower early in the year. By the end of the year he earned his #1 points finish.

Now that you have "seen light" you just need to follow it and you too can do really well. Score points now and you just might find yourself 2nd or 3rd in points and lined-up for some cheap tires!

Cheap tires, GOOD.

Small starting fields, BAD. Bad for racing fun, bad for attracting sponsors, bad for T.V.

The more racing 944's that are in existence, the bigger the starting fields everywhere. There are going to be some events that pull racers from the other clubs, no doubt. Run Thunderhill with NASA, or run Willow with the POC? Tough choice, huh?

Fontana will pull racers too, whoever sanctions it, because it's a big, fun, fast track.

I suppose you could commit to a POC or NASA championship and just run with the other sanctioning body once in a while.

For the time being, because of the championship, because of our sponsors like TOYO TIRES, SSF, PARAGON,AUTOBAHN,etc., I'm going to run primarily with NASA for 2004. I AM going to run some POC events this year, in fact, as many as I can afford.

Because, remember, ultimately, it's you 944 racers that I want to hang out and race with. Especially you, Joe! Man, we have had some great dicing........................

Nobody's paying me to be loyal. I'm going with what I can afford, and spreading the word about the fun I'm having. It's all good, you guys.

Joe,

from what I've "heard", most people want to run both POC and NASA than just want to run exclusive to POC events. Plus, I've also heard many POC guys want to ALSO run NASA. So they are members NASA would not have had before. I think we will end up (at minimum) with the same size fields were POC not available. I don't think NASA events will suffer any. As Tim said, this coming event in Fontana, is a special event and people would make an effort to run that event regardless.

Cheers,

Dylan.

I have already missed Fontana and my next NASA event won't be till June. After that I hope to make 4 NASA events. That is what I'm talking about. Maybe after this year I'll see how I stack up and can make a better effort for the title but for now I'm in the middle of both. Plus in the POC I have a bud using my car to start getting his lic there in the DE and he's looking at buying a 944 so maybe in a year I can get him into NASA, but he's just starting. Unfortunately that's the TH weekend.

But trust me I will be making an effort to attend every NASA event I can. Just like Timmy I enjoy it for more than the racing.

Eric

I closed a big deal today....GETTING the NOD from my Wife for the event. I have been out of town 3 of the last 4 weeks and my young kids have almost forgot who I am.

I will be there barring any problems getting my PCA licensing requirements satisfied for the Club Race. My car is now running and although there are some items that still need to be attended to, I just want to get out there and race. Hope I don't get in anyone's way as they try to lap me....

I closed a big deal today....GETTING the NOD from my Wife for the event. I have been out of town 3 of the last 4 weeks and my young kids have almost forgot who I am.

I will be there barring any problems getting my PCA licensing requirements satisfied for the Club Race. My car is now running and although there are some items that still need to be attended to, I just want to get out there and race. Hope I don't get in anyone's way as they try to lap me....

Jason, you need to get a hold of the folks in registration at either [email protected] or [email protected] as they have some things they need to square away with you. Or are you out?

I passed my medical today so I'm coming for sure.

Anyone renting a garage? I'd like to rent some space for my stuff. My cage is being installed this week and it will have NASCAR bars. Without a window I won't be able to close or lock the car. Might be time for a trailer .....

Thanks Jeff and everyone else,

I actually have been in contact with Susan Shire back in Chicago. She is the only paid PCA employee handling Club Racing (from what I have been told). She gave me the verbal on my competition license, but did say that I will have to be there on Thurs., run all day friday with no incidents etc.

I am going to confirm everything with her this morning. Since I just had my physical done for NASA (have my Rookie Permit and Provisional License) the biggest gray area is the actual wheel to wheel racing experience.

It's been a pretty crazy experience with buying a car, having it in the shop twice, trying to get all of my memberships and licenses (PCA, POC AND NASA) all in a 30 day period. I am keeping my fingers crossed and will let everyone know what happens.

FYI -

Cort Wagner and Kevin Buckler will be in the PCA Club Race. Hope they don't get in my way on the track...

Just punt em Jeff.

Slow bastards!

But, do go to the racer's group website and check out the graphics on their cars. Stunning in green, gold, and white. Absolutely stunning............

Does anyone know what group we are going to be in yet (CR1 or CR2)? And is our group sort of the equivalent of POC Orange run group? Also, could someone give those PCA virgin among us a breakdown of all of the crap we need to have (i.e. what additional class designation, which tech forms, etc.)? Grassy A$$