Send any Curb Weight Errors

Greg G.

• National Staff

If anyone has any genuine factory data that is reliable and sourced that any of our curb weight listings is incorrect, please e-mail with the that information. Remember that the curb weight listings cover a wide variety of models within a model group, that may include hatchbacks, convertibles, 4-door/2-door versions of a car, as well as different weights in different years. So, in those cases, we chose one curb weight to use. It is almost always the latest model year in the group, almost never the convertible model, and usually the lightest of the coupe vs. sedan etc. Also remember that a participant can use the Alternate Weight method of weight reduction to equalize the cars within a model group. I doubt that many of our listings are incorrect, but given the volume of data, it is possible, and I want to re-class any cars that need it now, instead of learning about it half way through the season. Thanks.

If anyone has any genuine factory data that is reliable and sourced that any of our curb weight listings is incorrect, please e-mail with the that information. Remember that the curb weight listings cover a wide variety of models within a model group, that may include hatchbacks, convertibles, 4-door/2-door versions of a car, as well as different weights in different years. So, in those cases, we chose one curb weight to use. It is almost always the latest model year in the group, almost never the convertible model, and usually the lightest of the coupe vs. sedan etc. Also remember that a participant can use the Alternate Weight method of weight reduction to equalize the cars within a model group. I doubt that many of our listings are incorrect, but given the volume of data, it is possible, and I want to re-class any cars that need it now, instead of learning about it half way through the season. Thanks.

Your curb weights listed for a C5* in TTB class are for the Hatchback Coupe not the non-ZO6 fixed roof coupe (C5 1999-2000) - is this correct?

• National Staff

Your curb weights listed for a C5* in TTB class are for the Hatchback Coupe not the non-ZO6 fixed roof coupe (C5 1999-2000) - is this correct?

Correct. We base classed the C5 from that number. Those with FRC's will have to use that number as well for their curb weight.

Correct. We base classed the C5 from that number. Those with FRC's will have to use that number as well for their curb weight.

Thanks - it hurts - but the scale will tell if the pluses and minuses end up within 150 of the bogey. Ballast is allowed at least....

• Members
And I sent one for Rabbits, plus some info on other A1 chassis cars.

Really? What was your source?

I havent had a chance to investigate yet.

• National Staff
Greg - I sent you an email about a week ago on the CRX weights. I believe I can get more official documentation if you want it. Let me know. Thanks!

We thoroughly looked at the CRX's for the revised rules just released, and have listed the weights that we will be using for them, as well as increased the number of CRX model groups. Thanks.

Greg - I sent you an email about a week ago on the CRX weights. I believe I can get more official documentation if you want it. Let me know. Thanks!

We thoroughly looked at the CRX's for the revised rules just released, and have listed the weights that we will be using for them, as well as increased the number of CRX model groups. Thanks.

Either you guys have a WICKED fast response time or I had just missed the new rules. I downloaded the rules on the 12th. I just re-downloaded and now I see the updates. Danka.